• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you take care of your calluses?

I've deadlifted twice weekly for a while now and the only time I've ever had a callous rip is bench pressing, and that was only because I had been gardening that morning and used a mattock without gloves and my hands got too sweaty.:)

I always use chalk and grip the bar for deadlifts correctly, ie not in the palm of your hand.

So, I don't bother with callous care. It shouldn't be needed. Prevention is better than the cure.

That said, I'm lucky enough to train with proper Eleiko powerlifting bars, which have a very aggressive knurl. Even though you'd think this might hurt more, I've got a feeling it helps, because the bar is much less likely to slip - never had a grip problem since using these bars.

I do the same as Nick, never had a problem when I was lifting back in the day with losing them.

i just moisturise.. but i dont have huge callouses... dont pick at them because ull just keep them raw and tender..moisturise moisturise and moisturise..

have to agree the moisturiser helps heaps, I get far less complaints from the wife since i have started.

After each set of deadlifts I dip my hands in a bucket of magic goats milk and then wash them in holy water...then get 1000 virgins to whip them for me.

Honestly though I do nothing - I have never ever heard of anyone doing anything for them - unless your hand gets ripped open and needs wrapping.

I've heard lots of sex cures that problem Ceffo.

And to Joel, that was good but you forgot to pray to jesus for your safe hands before deadlifting.

tore my callus again, made deadlifting a bit more painful than usual.

im applying vaseline to at every night, takes about a week to recover, but then its heavy deadlifts again :rolleyes: