• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do your wrists and ankles measure?

Ben

I think I read on here once there is a correlation between wrist/ankle size and bodyweight.

For interests sake, what is your current BW, wrist and ankle size? Take the measurement at the narrowest part of each.

BW: 71kgs
Wrist: 6.5"
Ankle: 8.5"

Not as small as Modos, Shrek :) lol

I lost my tape measure, mine are huge though, I'll see if I can find it.

Just did it, wrist is 8.6", although I forgot to do ankle, maybe later

What is that supposed to mean anyways?

Dont look for excuses Ben, Get you arse under the bar, just do the best you can.

Lol, I knew I should have posted a disclaimer!

I am trying to see if the correlation theory is true or not, and I think we have already proved it false from Shrek's example.

Is it going to help my lifting or weight gain? Of course not. What it will do, is satisfy my curiosity.

Usually yes the bigger you are the greater your wrist and ankle size but there are always exceptions to the norm. I haven't measure mine as I can't be bothered but I have rather thin wrists for a 90-100kg guy. Also if I was going to be a big bencher I would want some big stable bones in my wrist.

8"
10"

My wrists and ankles are small in relation to the rest of my body, I also have high calves that don't seem to grow much.

High calves are supposedly good Shane, they are supposed to have a link with athletic ability (better sprints and jumping).

Yeah i was always a fast runner over the 100m and 200m and was good at high jump when i did athletics when i was a kid.

I am pretty sure head circumfrence has a better correlation with with the size of your skeletal structure, or how Big a person you should be..