• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Overweight? Not a problem!

Fadi

Get active; did I say get active?! I meant very active. It's also about frequency of activity. So just like we have HIIT, we also have HFT (High Frequency training). Now here' my formula:

HIIT + HFT = The BOMB!

That is; blocks of HIIT throughout the day and your body would not be able to resist transforming itself into a fat burning machine…by having a super-fast metabolism. How fast?

Bugatti Vyron Fast!

bugatti_veyron.jpg

The program: Let’s Lose Some Fat Mass…

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi, may I bother you to ask for an explanation on HFT?
HIIT I have heard of before, but my quick google search on HFT did not produce a great deal of answers.

Fadi, may I bother you to ask for an explanation on HFT?
HIIT I have heard of before, but my quick google search on HFT did not produce a great deal of answers.

Because it just came out of my head Stralian. Well think about it for a second, when we were younger and active (a lot more active [HFT]), we never had to think about losing fat; we were too busy playing. We did not sit behind a stupid, eye wrecking, communication skill killer, computer screen for hours on end, did we Stralian? No we did not; at least I know I didn't. There were trees to climb and mountains (more like hill tops) to be conquered for me when I was a child growing up and playing with my mates. Trees and hills Vs TV and Computers!

So to get practical here Stralian, why not mix my HIIT with my HFT principle. That is performing the HIIT more often throughout the day. Okay, so why not just do a long and semi hard jog or similar? Cortisol/the stress hormone, that's why. I want to maintain as much muscles as possible whilst in the process of revving up my engine. The more times I rev it the closer it grows from being a 4 then a 6 and then into the big V8 that burns fuel (fat) like crazy just as it is idling on the traffic lights (lounge).

Fadi.

Excellent, thanks Fadi.
I was hoping that's what you were talking about because I've been looking into Tabata just recently and it seems a lot of people think you shouldn't be doing anything else that day...
If you exercise before you can't workout at you max for your tabata torture and if you can possibly exercise after the torture you didn't do it hard enough.
Seems a bit weak to me...

Have you got any thoughts on spacing between HIIT to allow proper recovery?
Would you simple suggest doing different types of HIIT to hit different muscle groups to reduce the overlap/fatigue?

Should someone who is 'bulking' be doing this differently to an overweight person and a person who is acceptable weight but wanting to 'cut'?

Sorry for all the questions but I really need to go to bed and catch up on sleep from this crying baby...thought I would get them all over and done with in one go :p

Excellent, thanks Fadi.
I was hoping that's what you were talking about because I've been looking into Tabata just recently and it seems a lot of people think you shouldn't be doing anything else that day...
If you exercise before you can't workout at you max for your tabata torture and if you can possibly exercise after the torture you didn't do it hard enough.
Seems a bit weak to me...

Have you got any thoughts on spacing between HIIT to allow proper recovery?
Would you simple suggest doing different types of HIIT to hit different muscle groups to reduce the overlap/fatigue?

Should someone who is 'bulking' be doing this differently to an overweight person and a person who is acceptable weight but wanting to 'cut'?

Sorry for all the questions but I really need to go to bed and catch up on sleep from this crying baby...thought I would get them all over and done with in one go :p

When I first put up my HIIT on here, some members suggested that Tabata was superior because it’s harder, more taxing if you like…more of a killer they tell me.. My question is since when does harder equates with being more appropriate? When I designed my HIIT, I did it with a fundamental purpose behind it; sustainability. As much as I hate people telling me what to eat especially when the food is so unappetising, just the same I hate it when people offer me a workout which I find hard to enjoy. Maybe I’m too soft or maybe I know that it’s never the only one way or the highway type of a food or workout.

Now to your questions.

1. Couple of hours or double that if need be. So you can perform my 10 minutes HIIT at say 6am, then again at 12 noon and finally at 6pm. It depends on how much you feel like playing with your mates climbing trees and hills! Please don’t think that I’m joking here Stralian. I mean when we were playing it was all about going all out running up the hill for few seconds and then hiding behind some tree to grab more ammunition (clay) to hit our enemy (mates) with. No toy guns then, or at least my mates and I didn’t use them with all the hard and dried up clay that was all around us. This was in the country side under the tall pine trees. And yes, we used to pick up the pine nuts that have fallen and we’d be eating pure fat (mainly) as we soldiered on in the day. So you ask me about recovery time, I say I don’t know. Because to give you a rigid answer would be to spoil the pure nature of this exercise. Just do it and enjoy if from the heart.

2. You ask about the prospect of using different type of exercises for different sessions of HIIT so as to reduce the overlap/fatigue. Stralian, I’ve never been one to advocate resting a muscle until it has fully recovered. To me, that is one way of teaching your body to become lazy. The body has a PhD in the art of adaptation. I think that should give you a clue that whether you use or don’t use different exercise, your body will adapt sooner or later. I’d use different exercises to target/emphasise different muscle groups yes, but would not change things so as to recover more or better, since the opposite is true in my opinion. What I’m saying here is this. If you say train your biceps on Monday and find that they are sore on Tuesday, Wednesday, and a bit on Thursday. What the bodybuilder usually does here is he’ll train them again on Friday. I say try and train them again on Tuesday and if that wasn’t enough, then again on Wednesday. What you’re doing here is you’re telling your biceps: “hey, I’ve got hell coming down on you on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so what are you going to do about it toughies? Now if I was those biceps, I’d be getting ready to get huge or at least have more endurance or whatever the task at hand is demanding of me. Now of course to do that I’m going to need some help and that help comes in the form of high quality nutrients and high quality rest (that means no mobile phones when I'm trying to relax for an example)!.

3. Your 3rd question asks about how what I’m suggesting should be applied to the different type of people; someone bulking, another is overweight, whilst the 3rd is fine with his weight but wishes to cut. My answer to the first is bulking entails a surplus of calories and fewer activities so we don’t make it too damn hard for that person to pack on the size. The second one who is overweight needs to cut down his calories by a mere minimum (200 calories) per day and go full out with the program I’m suggesting here. Finally the last person, who wishes to cut, would do well to remain going with his maintenance caloric intake whilst performing this nearly as frequent as the overweight person. What we have ourselves here is body recompositioning. Yes granted it would be a slightly longer process than if we were to simply deploy cutting down on calories, but here the idea is to maintain my muscles whilst burning my fat mass (and remaining the same weight) a la ripped Olympic weightlifters. You must appreciate that individuality plays a role here Stralian, so my answers are always up for some modifications.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your time Fadi :)

This week I have been working on curing my friends of their laziness...hopefully soon I will have a few friends to throw clay at...or at least play squash with me and take up the 100 burpee challenge!

Making friends get off the couch.... Seems an impossible task

Great thread Fadi!
Posted via Mobile Device