• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mark bell - coming in australia!

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Email from CAPO last night:

Its official: Mark Bell, Smelly of Bigger, Stronger, Faster
fame is heading to Australia in Mid October 2010. He will be conducting two
strength seminars one in Perth (each are a 2 day event), the other in Melbourne. You'll be discussing & participating in all aspects of strength training that
has made Marks Super Training gym one of the strongest gyms in the
world. If you want tickets contact;
Steve Brown for Melbourne. 0418270360
Henry Day for Perth. 0401579419

There are only 20 tickets in each state, they are $500.00 each.

This is a once in a life time chance to learn from the best.

This is great news! - Mark is one of the leaders in the Powerlifting world - His brother made bigger, stronger, faster. Mark is owner of SuperTraining gym - one of the best powerlifting/strength and conditioning centres in the world!

Marks numbers:
959 squat, 854 bench, 738 deadlift. 2552 total at 275

Mark Bell Has a Huge Day at the SPF "3 in 1" Meet at SuperTraining Gym in Sacramento | Powerlifting Watch

Attachments

• 22349_1299242493310_1597834546_30735703_4898710_n.jpg
    22349_1299242493310_1597834546_30735703_4898710_n.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
well done putting this together. If you have the $$, I'm sure it would be awesome.

Any Word on this?
Is it still going ahead?
Has the cost come down? I thought it was a joke intially..

Poliquin doesn't even charge that much...

$500 not even for Dave Tate or Jim Wendler..

I'm not sure if this was successful or has happened, but I expressed surprise when I was asked if I or any of my members were going.

I asked why, if raw has 75% of the CAPO lifters, would we bring out a lifter that is apparently an "expert" on using equipment.

Paul, do you know if any PA guys are going or went. Oh, I just saw its booked in for October.

I dont actually know anyone thats going.

It should be easy, theres only 7 of them lol

I'm only joking. There money wouldve been better spent on Adam.

Looks like he's getting $20,000, thats pretty good bucks for a few hours work

You think that he would open up the numbers a little more to bring the price down..? Maybe not enough numbers? It is a bit of a niche market after all. Conjugate training with double ply...

Just curious i guess..

I would have loved to see Dr Verkhoshansky or similar to macmad Boris.

At the end of the day Mark Bell is one of the biggest names in powerlifting atm - he knows his shit equip or not...

If I had the money to spare I would be there in a heart beat.

Funnily enough, not one of my clients who competed in powerlifting had ever heard of him. Not that they follow the sport too closely, but they knew Kroc, Coan, Simmons.

When I explained he was on THAT documentary, they thought I meant the host lol

So being the biggest name in what really is a tiny sport/hobby for most, doesnt really amount to much, certainly not $500 for most.

At the end of the day, the guys that bought him out made a business decision.

How many people here would pay $500 to see theyre favourite band in concert?

Adams training seminar would cost a carton of bourbon and cokes, and consist of how to put on a loose moth eaten Champion suit..

Using a mouthguard on bench is one tip I took from Adam.
a carton of bourbon seams cheap to listen to a guy who has the best total in aus, hows yours?

I'd love to go to a mark bell seminar. Especially now I've plunged into Markos' personal hell and bought a double ply suit. It would be awesome. Worth $500? Not really. I'd rather save that cash, go on a holiday to the usa and train at supertraining.

lol..........I really dont dislike equipped lifting.

I started training raw. Everyone did. I liked it then, I like it now.

I also like football. If they allowed players to wear helmets and shoulder pads, let them wear rocket powered boots, I would prefer the original game. Sure, they could hit harder, move faster, but it doesnt mean its better.

This is a bit off on a tangent, but why don't people set strength precedents required before lifters start inflating their lifts with assistance gear. I mean if you're not lifting the most weight then who gives a shit what you're lifting with assistance gear?

I could squat 300kg if you put a trolley jack under my bum and someone starts raising me out of the hole.