• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dancelot

I want to switch from olive oil to coconut oil, but my two local Coles and a Safeway don't have any. I'll check out the local Indian groceries shop.

Just wondering where you guys buy your coconut oil, which brand and how much. Thanks :)

Would be keen to see where ppl get it also! - had a look on ebay and seems like an ok price.

I got mine from a health shop, though the price was ludacris... I think it was $29.95 for a jar that was around 500mL... Interested in responses as well

One thing my lecturer brought up the other day was the high use of coconuts and their oils in polynesia, yet they have one of the highest rates of heart disease and diabetes around...

Interesting thought. I have no statistical evidenve to post just sharing a thought... Dont drink the shit.

One thing my lecturer brought up the other day was the high use of coconuts and their oils in polynesia, yet they have one of the highest rates of heart disease and diabetes around...

Interesting thought. I have no statistical evidenve to post just sharing a thought... Dont drink the shit.

Are those studies from while living the "island life" i.e living on the islands or has the studies been taken from them living an everyday city lifestyle???

Are those studies from while living the "island life" i.e living on the islands or has the studies been taken from them living an everyday city lifestyle???

Like i said i havnt looked into so i can not comment... She just said when looking at polynasia her tone suggested looking at their country but i can not be certain.

So with out a prior knowledge on the subject i cant commnet on it personally..

Thats why i only relayed the info and if it has relevance it doesnt if it doesnt who cares what she says..

Health food shop, it's pricey.

I use it in my blender mix in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

I get mine from professionalwhey.com.au
Tastes awesome, they also sell bulk protien pwder etc

I would buy whatever extra virgin cold pressed came in glass not plastic.. (cloudy glass for olive oil) .

Because its oil.. And well plastic is petrolium based (oil) it leeches chemicals from the plastic into the oil.. Especially if heat is involved... Anyone who has left a bottle of water in the car knows what im talking about. Now if that was a lipid (fat) in that bottle there would of been alot more contamination...

I shudder when i see "organic healthy oil" in the health food store in some cheap flimsy phalate/bpa filled plastic...

Phthalate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bisphenol A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

little anecdote.

We have some family friends from tonga who have to return every once and a while to ensure that they maintain possession of the family coconut farm.

Most of the coconut farmers die by 40-50 from things like heart disease, their major food source being coconut curry.

little anecdote.

We have some family friends from tonga who have to return every once and a while to ensure that they maintain possession of the family coconut farm.

Most of the coconut farmers die by 40-50 from things like heart disease, their major food source being coconut curry.

Bingo But then it comes down to are they genetically predisposed to this? Most ilanders are well big boys/girls// Is this lifestyle or genetic..

We do know that alot of them have different genetics to the rest of us.. There is a certain island were people do not have the t4 receptor on their cells.. Making them unable to contract HIV (as this is how the virus attatches to human cells). So if somethings are different i wonder how much else is different...

But it is too hard to do "studies" to show us as there are to many variables...

Id just stay away personally.

I would say they die young due to poor living conditions, poor food intake - coconut curry is prob the only meal of the day and overall hard lifestyle.

I really don't think there would be any connection between there diet and dieing young besides not having enough food.

I would say they die young due to poor living conditions, poor food intake - coconut curry is prob the only meal of the day and overall hard lifestyle.

I really don't think there would be any connection between there diet and dieing young besides not having enough food.

The problem with that is..

Everything that i am finding in regards to longevity and research is in favour of less food... that bothers me because i like to eat alot..

Alot of things i have found on fasting ect seem to favour longevity. But i dont care about longevity i want to live optimal for the best amount of time i can...

What is less food tho? - I have heard alot of ppl eating one big meal at the end of the day - good clean food - i.e maybe 700g steak, 2 cups pasta, 500g veggies, 500ml of milk, cup of nuts etc in a "meal" - this is suppose to be how we used to eat as cavemen....

I can understand that maybe less food puts less stress on the system etc - but what are we talking in regards to less food - I can't see how one small meal a day which these farmers are prob having would be healthy for them or anyone for that matter - that being a high fat diet, low fat, high carb, high protein, low protein whatever.

But I def agree huge amounts of food over a number of years is def not healthy and that being good food not just junk.

What is less food tho? - I have heard alot of ppl eating one big meal at the end of the day - good clean food - i.e maybe 700g steak, 2 cups pasta, 500g veggies, 500ml of milk, cup of nuts etc in a "meal" - this is suppose to be how we used to eat as cavemen....

I can understand that maybe less food puts less stress on the system etc - but what are we talking in regards to less food - I can't see how one small meal a day which these farmers are prob having would be healthy for them or anyone for that matter - that being a high fat diet, low fat, high carb, high protein, low protein whatever.

But I def agree huge amounts of food over a number of years is def not healthy and that being good food not just junk.

I dont know much aboutit as i havnt looked into it so i cant go into it in depth i have only briefly looked over it...

The china study is a good place to look.. Im sure you can find it on ebook. cough