• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Brutal. Although after rep 6 they were 14 singles. I prefer to see a reduced weight and less rest between reps. Fucks you up even more.

Good pick up sherk.
I think he (if I remember ) would persist with this weight up until his conditioning improved and them progress

Brutal. Although after rep 6 they were 14 singles. I prefer to see a reduced weight and less rest between reps. Fucks you up even more.

Certanly doesn't fuck you more. He is doing the old school 20 rep squats. The rough gideline was get your 10 rep max and grind out 20. It's much harder than using a weight that you could complete 20 straight reps with.

Certanly doesn't fuck you more. He is doing the old school 20 rep squats. The rough gideline was get your 10 rep max and grind out 20. It's much harder than using a weight that you could complete 20 straight reps with.

So.....20 rep max??

So.....20 rep max??

Not 20 reps in the standard way we do a set, one rep after the other. 20 rep breathing squats where the last reps end up being after you get 4 or 5 or more breaths in. I'm surpised I'm explaining this to experienced lifters.

So so no I wouldn't class it as a normal 20 rep max.

Not 20 reps in the standard way we do a set, one rep after the other. 20 rep breathing squats where the last reps end up being after you get 4 or 5 or more breaths in. I'm surpised I'm explaining this to experienced lifters.

So so no I wouldn't class it as a normal 20 rep max.

Lol I know what you were getting at man.

The 20 rep squat is not old school, although the 20 rep breathing squat was popularised by Peary Rader.

Back in the day and around about 5 Years prior to that time Dr Ken Liestner made popular the 20 rep squat, this wasn't just something you did on a whim the aim was as Bazza states, pick a weight that you can do 10 and do 20, and to improve over a protracted time, as you become more conditioned the pause between reps become less "metcon" it was usually part of a full body workout.

But the point I'm trying to make is whether you use 5, 10 or twenty you work it hard and do it properly.

Jesse was a strongman /powerlifter he did these workouts to improve his condition and strength in an efficient manner.

The 20 rep squat is not old school, although the 20 rep breathing squat was popularised by Peary Rader.

Back in the day and around about 5 Years prior to that time Dr Ken Liestner made popular the 20 rep squat, this wasn't just something you did on a whim the aim was as Bazza states, pick a weight that you can do 10 and do 20, and to improve over a protracted time, as you become more conditioned the pause between reps become less "metcon" it was usually part of a full body workout.

But the point I'm trying to make is whether you use 5, 10 or twenty you work it hard and do it properly.

Jesse was a strongman /powerlifter he did these workouts to improve his condition and strength in an efficient manner.

I suppose old school depends on how old you are. Heard some kid talking the other day about oldies 90s music. Fuck.

So pushing yourself to the limit and taking longer rests between reps as is physiologically required, was a technique popularised by Dr. Ken back in the day was it? You sure you're not just thinking of training hard?

Training hard was a technique popularised by kunce looking for maximum progress since forever and ever amen.

So pushing yourself to the limit and taking longer rests between reps as is physiologically required, was a technique popularised by Dr. Ken back in the day was it? You sure you're not just thinking of training hard?

Training hard was a technique popularised by kunce looking for maximum progress since forever and ever amen.

I don't even know what you're on about.
Maybe rewrite that.

All methods of workouts work, I'm sick of going over this time after time.

Well, I was thinking the same.

My "oldschool" is black iron only no machines in a iron dungeon.

How you supposed to slam the bar down after doing a massive 40kg snatch and look totally awesome walking away while the bar is till bouncing with black iron? Please think before posting...