• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What I have done with his comp prep is deload after every 4 week training cycle just so we have no chance of over-training - the basic breakdown has been this:

- Albury comp
- Week off
- #29 - 4 weeks
- Deload
- #37 - 4 weeks
- Deload
- 5 week prep program

Joel,

There's no need to run deload weeks following a prep cycle, week four in the prep cycle is generally a lower volume week in preperation for the skills eval in week 1 of the comp cycle. So if you're running prep cycles back to back you've essentially got two consecutive weeks that are lower volume (week 4 of prep 1 and week 1 of prep 2). You also need to be cautious of which prep cycles you run consecutively.

Cheers

Joel,

There's no need to run deload weeks following a prep cycle, week four in the prep cycle is generally a lower volume week in preperation for the skills eval in week 1 of the comp cycle. So if you're running prep cycles back to back you've essentially got two consecutive weeks that are lower volume (week 4 of prep 1 and week 1 of prep 2). You also need to be cautious of which prep cycles you run consecutively.

Cheers

Hey man - I will just be getting him/the guys just to run straight into the 5 week sheiko comp cycle after 37/ and a semi deload/rest week - is this what you ment?

The way its been planned is that the last week of the 5 week comp cycle will be the week of the nationals - and that will be the deload/ 2 day week in the program.

Cheers man.

Hey man - I will just be getting him/the guys just to run straight into the 5 week sheiko comp cycle after 37/ and a semi deload/rest week - is this what you ment?

The way its been planned is that the last week of the 5 week comp cycle will be the week of the nationals - and that will be the deload/ 2 day week in the program.

Cheers man.

nope...remove the semi deload week between 37 and 32 (comp cycle), no need for it...week 4 of any prep cycle (ie week 4 of 37 in this instance) is the lowest volume week (227 lifts compared to the next lowest of 286 for #37)...if you need another week I'd repeat week 1 at the start)...

Ok cheers man - as you said about repeating week 1 I thought about this and thought it may still be abit stressful to run straight through - but I will do that now then.

Cheers man!

Ok cheers man - as you said about repeating week 1 I thought about this and thought it may still be abit stressful to run straight through - but I will do that now then.

Cheers man!

The other option and probably better one is to run a conditioning week at the start which is recommended before starting any sheiko cycle.

The other option and probably better one is to run a conditioning week at the start which is recommended before starting any sheiko cycle.

mmmm good idea man!

I was wondering if you could explain how you add in sheiko to your training plan? - I would be very interested and Iam sure the other guys would be to!

Yea fair enough - I think most/all of the guys doing this will need a conditioning week because some are already saying they feel slighty overtrained or going that way - we have a comp in about 3 weeks (battle of the gyms) so most have programed a deload the week before instead of last week...which should work out well!

Macmad - I may have missed this but are you doing the PA nationals?

this is what I do, run the conditioning week in between 4 week blocks. Younger lifters like Jonnie can probably run them back to back, but I need the deload of the conditioning week

you still have an "O" next to your name on the scoresheet mac so I think it's just that you're soft!

yep 110kg division, you'll be able to spot me easily after the squats, just look for the guy with a face like a cherry tomato.

LOL will do mate!

Iam thinking of going to the PA nationals this yr to check it out!

Paul and Nathan, start a thread on the PA Nationals, I figure anyone interested in strength would go along. Simon is on here as well now. The more powerlifters joining this forum the better.

how accurate?

should you just test 1rms a week before or do 3 weeks of low reps then attempt 1rms?

maybe it wouldn't even matter is only 4 weeks long.

Haz to get maximum benefits from any Sheiko program (or any 1rm based program for that matter) it is in your best interest to use accurate and current 1RM. That being said there is nothing stopping you from jumping straight in with your current max's listed in your sig. You'll only get caught out if you have over estimated your 1RM's then you'll miss lifts and feel very fried by the end of week two and week three will kill you.

It's also important to understand that there are many sheiko prep cycles each of which is 4 weeks in duration these are generally run consecutively followed by a comp cycle of which there is 1 for a non rated lifter.

I have a 13 week cycle that is great to kick things off for the sheiko virgin..drop me a line if your interested.

mmmm good idea man!

I was wondering if you could explain how you add in sheiko to your training plan? - I would be very interested and Iam sure the other guys would be to!

I will get to this it's just going to take me a while to set aside some time to run through what I've done and what works for me..

For the nats this year I'll only be running the Comp cycle from 4 weeks out..

would it be ok to find your 3RM (which should be about 90%), then add an additional 10% ontop of that, in terms of a 1RM?

Would different people have a different 3RM & 1RM? Would one person have 92.5k as a 3RM but 100k as a 1RM, while somebody else has 90k as a 3RM & 100kg as a 1RM?