• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes, i know what their methods are based on. it's not sheiko.

What are they based on?

And also have you trired sheiko? and been around ppl who have been using the programs? and looked into the results of ppl who have used them.

Matty Middleton used it from the NSW's to the nats last yr and I think hes doing pretty ok...oh and Nathan Jones...and many others....mmmm

Last edited:
before you all go jumping on the Sheiko train I would like to remind you that you need to use actuall maxes, estimated/calculated is no good you will either fuck yourself over if the numbers are too high or it won't be as effectively if they are too low.

DO NOT ADD ANYTHING to the program or you WILL fry...

The assistance work is for stretching/flushing the muscles NOTHING MORE, so don't go doing dips with 60kg's slinging from your belt...be paitent with it you will reap the rewards when it comes to test time at the end of 32...

I was thinking the same thing, though not sure if I should be attempting Sheiko yet. (Though I think my linear progression is done.)

Should I just do #29 as written?

Also, how would I choose my weights for all the assistance exercises like flies, abs, dips, incline presses, lunges, GM's etc.?

Also, I've taken last week and this week off lifting after ProRawOne, will I need to do any prep or can I just jump right in next Monday?

I like 29 if you have not done sheiko before - just do it as written no need to add anything - just remember sets and reps are written the other way around i.e 4 x 6 is 6 x 4...

Light for assistance work.

before you all go jumping on the Sheiko train I would like to remind you that you need to use actuall maxes, estimated/calculated is no good you will either fuck yourself over if the numbers are too high or it won't be as effectively if they are too low.

DO NOT ADD ANYTHING to the program or you WILL fry...

The assistance work is for stretching/flushing the muscles NOTHING MORE, so don't go doing dips with 60kg's slinging from your belt...be paitent with it you will reap the rewards when it comes to test time at the end of 32...

Cool, will keep assistance light.

Are max's from a few weeks ago good or should I just test them again on Friday and start the program on Monday?

Also if I'm confused, do I start with 32 or 29?

I like 29 if you have not done sheiko before - just do it as written no need to add anything - just remember sets and reps are written the other way around i.e 4 x 6 is 6 x 4...

Light for assistance work.

Didn't see this before, thanks for the reply.

I always wrote the reps closest to the weight like in starting strength, thought this was standard? Just to be sure:

BENCH

50% 5X1, 60% 4X2, 70% 3X2, 75% 3X5

Would mean 75% weight, three reps, five sets?

Last edited:
Was going going to ask if i could add chinups and arm isolation work (scullcrushers) .. but obviously not lol

Also Nathen when you say repeat #37, does that mean repeat the routine with same 1RMs (same weights)?

gongi meter, me being a newbie to this shit i would be willing to listen to ya if you took the time to explain stuff. i know your aiming for a 880kg total this year, you must have alot of experience

Why for deadlifts does it have "deadlift up to knees" then "deadlift from boxs". Why not just do normal deadlifts?

Cool, will keep assistance light.

Are max's from a few weeks ago good or should I just test them again on Friday and start the program on Monday?

Also if I'm confused, do I start with 32 or 29?

Didn't see this before, thanks for the reply.

I always wrote the reps closest to the weight like in starting strength, thought this was standard? Just to be sure:

BENCH

50% 5X1, 60% 4X2, 70% 3X2, 75% 3X5

Would mean 75% weight, three reps, five sets?

Tudor, start with 29 use the maxes from a couple of weeks ago...all cycles except 32 are prep cycles 32 is a comp/peak cycle ie if you wan't to test your maxes or leading into a comp.

Yep 75% 3x5 is 75% of your max x 3 reps x 5 sets..

Was going going to ask if i could add chinups and arm isolation work (scullcrushers) .. but obviously not lol

Also Nathen when you say repeat #37, does that mean repeat the routine with same 1RMs (same weights)?

yes mate use the same maxes for the entire 12 weeks.

Why for deadlifts does it have "deadlift up to knees" then "deadlift from boxs". Why not just do normal deadlifts?

Deadlift from boxes, means just that. Rack pulls are an easy substitute. These are usually done with higher reps/percentages, to work on lockout strength. Deadlift up to knees, apparently means a pause at the knees and then continue to lockout. Boris also calls for deficit deadlifts, which means you stand on blocks, to increase the ROM.

Deadlift from boxes, means just that. Rack pulls are an easy substitute. These are usually done with higher reps/percentages, to work on lockout strength. Deadlift up to knees, apparently means a pause at the knees and then continue to lockout. Boris also calls for deficit deadlifts, which means you stand on blocks, to increase the ROM.

I understood that off boxs are a rack pull. I just was thinking "deadlifts to knees" meant to put the weight back down once you got it to knee height. Thanks for clearing that up.

I understood that off boxs are a rack pull. I just was thinking "deadlifts to knees" meant to put the weight back down once you got it to knee height. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well I think it was Spritcha who posted about the deadlift to knees being a full movement, just with a pause at the knee. I have read a few peoples interpretations, who do the movement just to the knee.

Tudor, start with 29 use the maxes from a couple of weeks ago...all cycles except 32 are prep cycles 32 is a comp/peak cycle ie if you wan't to test your maxes or leading into a comp.

Yep 75% 3x5 is 75% of your max x 3 reps x 5 sets..

Thanks mate.

Well I think it was Spritcha who posted about the deadlift to knees being a full movement, just with a pause at the knee. I have read a few peoples interpretations, who do the movement just to the knee.

I think in sheiko's book there is 2 variations, one is deadlift to knee which is just that deadlifting to the knees, and there is another one where it is deadlift to the knees with a pause, where you pause at the knee and then complete the rep.

I prefer the latter, makes a difference to your lockout as well as staying tight the whole movement