• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Well- the reason I say that 29 alone isn't considered the best is that it is a 4 week prep that was originally conceived of as part of a 20 week macro cycle. Its normally run 29, 30, 31, 37, 32. Sheiko often will part macro cycles with more deadlifting volume and bring up the squat and bench later.
If you are after a 8 week cycle 37 and 32 are a good combination. 30 and 31 are very tough.
I find the deadlift with pause at the knee awesome.

I never knew the deadlift to knee was paused and then locked out either..
You learn a new thing everyday..:)

I've run various sheiko templates before and have had massive success just from the deadlift to knee as i really really suck from the floor..
Good carryover in a suit.. but that's something else..

I'm looking forward to giving sheiko another bash with this added in..
Cheers!

okay cool i'll run 37,32 and ill have a crack the the deadlifting. i was pleased with the bench, lets see how everything else goes.

Probably to advanced for my needs steve :p.
When you get a chance man, would you mind checking out the last vid in my log? I think my squat is now sorted, unless of course you have something to add?
Posted via Mobile Device

templates i have done with the maxes used:
29- bench only, 110kg (after this I hit a 110 touch and go after not hitting that for 6 months.)
37- squat 141, bench 114 (hit 142.5kg very easy, 6 weeks ago I only just got 140 up)
32- squat 146, bench 116 (hit 160kg squat, I had a bit more in the tank, and 115kg bench paused.)
29- squat 151, bench 119 (only doing 3 weeks, last day tomorrow)

plan to do
37- 156 squat, 122 bench. then the last two weeks of 32 to peak for a comp which I hope to get 170kg squat, and a 120 bench.

I have been bad with the deads. for most of them I set my max to 190 and did some of the sets, deadlift groove was off. didn't seem to hurt however as I pulled a 15kg PR of 225 without any real deadlift work. I recommend that you try the deadlift, I found it hard, others may not. i'm going to attempt to do it again. but only do half the sets. see how i go.

I was going to try this Sheiko thing but my mind is full of fuck after reading this thread

i dont want to compete till september so someone tell me what to do for the next 7 months

thanks in advance :)

Can somebody ban gongi?
A man who hides himself, and bring nothing but negativity to the forum surely cant be a useful member.

I was going to try this Sheiko thing but my mind is full of fuck after reading this thread

i dont want to compete till september so someone tell me what to do for the next 7 months

try sheiko 37/37/32 mate...and make up your own mind it's only 12 weeks...and it won't be wasted...trust me!

what happened to macmads posts?
seems like important/experienced posts were deleted by him?

sheiko is bullshit stay away

Nothing comes close to the advice you get from mens health workout section does it mate! What would the Russians know!!! pfffft silly Russians and there silly programs...they only do it for the money and tv advertising...im sick of them trying to sell me sheiko programs on morning tv - I will stick to my ab crunch and butt toning shoes...thank you!

Gongi you and me should go to a zumba class sometime...what you reckon?

sheiko isn't even russian coach anymore

lifting is now being dominated by the us with big iron, supertraining, westside

that says enough

I was thinking the same thing, though not sure if I should be attempting Sheiko yet. (Though I think my linear progression is done.)

Should I just do #29 as written?

Also, how would I choose my weights for all the assistance exercises like flies, abs, dips, incline presses, lunges, GM's etc.?

Also, I've taken last week and this week off lifting after ProRawOne, will I need to do any prep or can I just jump right in next Monday?