• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
the original Sheiko deficits are actually from a very high block (standing on a block). I think its recommended that its something like 4-5".
Pulls from blocks can be rack pulls, but the Russians tend to do them with the plates on blocks. How high? Something like 4-5" also.

Training at home with my plates puts me in a 5cm deficit with my biggest plates on the bar. So I'm always training in deficit. I have seen some people on YouTube pulling from blocks and the bar is starting almost at the ankles...?

I don't have spare plates, I'm going to get some timber cut to size like, I think hambugger has for his box squat box, height adjustable by stacking and taking away.

kaz ive been using the small "boxes" at ptc. i stand on a 15kg plate(1each foot) also, gets the bar height where i want it, just below knee.

Timber is easy

If you only need to make up a few inches, just get 1200 x 600 sheets, cut them in half and screw them together

I have 4 x 2" and 2 x 1" wood blocks done in this manner

With deficits and block pulls an important consideration is always technique. I'd suggest starting small then building up over time, but always be mindful of how it changes technique. Videoing lifts and visually checking is probably a good idea. Once you start to change the range of motion it's easy to fall into the habit of adopting leverage positions you can't or don't adopt in the normal range.

For blocks I just went to bunnings- got a few sheets of particle board- which they cut for me into squares. I just put them together with liquid nails and screws and covered with old carpet.

Thanks guys!
I have 2 boxes my husband made but the barbell ends (not the weight) need to rest on the boxes otherwise way too high. Plus since its a cheap bar im scared i'll shear off the ends (like the barbell sitting in the PTC Sydney garden at the moment)

I like hamburgers idea of wood to raise the bar. My bar sits 5cm lower at the shins due to plate size, im going to use this idea to concoct something

my bar at home is 2" deficit too. I was just going to get a couple of planks of timber and liquid nails/screw them together. Should do the job :)

Someone level with me here.....
Is Sheiko flu the real deal?

3rd week it all hits? I feel terrible!!

Someone level with me here.....
Is Sheiko flu the real deal?

3rd week it all hits? I feel terrible!!

yes- its real. Its just accumulated fatigue. Reflect on the suffering now- then wait till you deload. Its like you get super-powers.

I just like spending every day trying to work out what hurts the most. Both my physio and my massage therapist are complaining that I'm become too much hard work to treat.