• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Also don't think just because you fit a rating that it will work for you. Russian lifters are probably a few steps ahead of the average Aussie recreational lifter.

For example, I am a CMS lifter but everytime I run the CMS bench cycle it fucks me in the anus hard. If I were to be honest its probably just a little too much volume for me and this is something I hope to adapt to or at least adapt the routine around as it gives me good results and I really like how its set up.

You see on the flip side of that Medvedyev also recommends when you reach your level to keep volume the same and slowly increase intensity.
There are a lot of contradictions you need to figure out and translating it from Russian doesn't help lol.

So McFly posted an e-book by Pavel Tsatsouline. The book spends a fair bit of time advocating the opposite approach to Sheiko, i.e. low volume, operating at significantly higher percentages of 1RM.

=> Grounds for noob confusion: Two quite different approaches. Two equally mysterious and exotic-sounding Russian names. Pros here, cons there. Which way to turn?:confused:

im trying sheiko for nats. starting mondy. looking forward to it. :p

perhaps this will get my bench moving...

Rackpulls.....I hate them.
I remember Spritcha saying its better to pause the deadlift below the knees instead of rack pulls, but rack pull weights are heavier in the program.
I really didn't feel I got anything out of rack pulls besides sore hands!

Rackpulls.....I hate them.
I remember Spritcha saying its better to pause the deadlift below the knees instead of rack pulls, but rack pull weights are heavier in the program.
I really didn't feel I got anything out of rack pulls besides sore hands!

Upper back brah

Its a deadlift to the knee - pause - finish lift upright.
Its gonna bloody hurt....

I will film it....god this will be embarrassing!

what i meant to say was DLTK with heavy loads will be murderous.

so are you gunna keep the rack pulls. i dont intend to change a thing.

what i meant to say was DLTK with heavy loads will be murderous.

so are you gunna keep the rack pulls. i dont intend to change a thing.

Yeah man, I haven't done deadlifts to the knees, the body is going to want to lock it out but your already halfway putting it down again. Unfortunately for me, my knees are about 3 inches up from the bar so will be doing them on blocks.

I'm going to try the paused deadlifts. Rack pulls for sumo are just awkward! I found my hands ran up my thighs the whole lift and had to take a wider grip to avoid this. So not really replicating the comp lift.

The halting deadlift is a beautiful exercise
I like to pause about an inch from the floor or mid shin

The rack pulls are actually pulls from blocks anyway
Dunno why it says rack pulls in w/e program you have

pulls from blocks - place a couple of blocks under the plates

pulls on blocks - deficits

SP might be able to give direction on how high they should be

The rack pulls are actually pulls from blocks anyway
Dunno why it says rack pulls in w/e program you have

Pulling off the rack pins or pulling off blocks whats the difference.

Pleas tell me you've been standing on blocks, thats fucking golden.

Pulling off the rack pins or pulling off blocks whats the difference.

Pleas tell me you've been standing on blocks, thats fucking golden.

The bar grooves in a totally different way
The bar will be bent on the pins (well if you lift a decent weight anyway) and you don't get the same feel at at the start. From blocks it is just like the floor is higher up

I just stack 2 plates on top of each other either side of the bar and pull from that. Puts my hips in the exact right position so they are furthest away from the bar