• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How long have people found their training sessions have become?
I'm reading 2 hours around the web.

for me, the first week of #29 i can usually get through in 60mins or so by keeping rest periods down to 30s. this is probably not appropriate though.

by third week of #37 I was averaging around 2 hours with all assistance work completed, or 90mins without. Rest periods were around 2-3 mins.

I found on the double bench days I could get through them with much less rest.

Spritcha it seems startling to me you can get stronger doing such low percentages. For you, with a 300kg+ squat, that would mean you're squatting close to 200kg for low reps? Doesn't a program have to be difficult to elicit results? How is Sheiko difficult? Just so easy looking on paper (for me, for bench)

Also, can you run it for 1 lift only - my bench is ok but my squat is lagging a lot due to an injury (and I gotta be careful)

That's what everybody thinks when they look at the numbers but look at the sheer volume. Wait until week 3 when the Sheiko depression kicks in from all the fatigue you're going through.

Super-fatigue then super-compensation is the key.

Spritcha it seems startling to me you can get stronger doing such low percentages. For you, with a 300kg+ squat, that would mean you're squatting close to 200kg for low reps? Doesn't a program have to be difficult to elicit results? How is Sheiko difficult? Just so easy looking on paper (for me, for bench)

Also, can you run it for 1 lift only - my bench is ok but my squat is lagging a lot due to an injury (and I gotta be careful)

if you want ot do bench only- run a bench program.
For me, with 37, I'd be squatting around 265 most weeks for plnety of reps- sometimes for say 5 sets of 3. In week 4 I'd be squatting triples with 265 and doubles with 282.5. It might seem light, but once the fatigue kicks in it gets hard.

steve, I plan on competing in wraps, but I dont want to wrap up for 10 sets a squat day. should I just add 10kg to my raw weight and do one to two wrapped sets?

This is going to be an experience. I'm pumped!!
Ive changed my work roster to finish at 5pm so I'm lifting by 6, then mobility on days I'm not lifting.

steve, I plan on competing in wraps, but I dont want to wrap up for 10 sets a squat day. should I just add 10kg to my raw weight and do one to two wrapped sets?
my advice is just wrap up for the sets 80% or higher on day 1 of each week.

A list of cycles with their description / purpose would be handy :p

It's as simple as picking one with adequate volume for your strength level and running it. 32 is the pre-comp cycle. There are other comp cycles as well, seen a nifty one that had you hitting two weeks of max lifts then a deload.

Obviously if you're Scott fucking Mendelson you don't think "oh I'm MSIC I'll do an MSIC routine" and go from training each lift once a week to 6 day a week, twice a day training because that would be fucking stupid, so start with a low volume or something near the volume you're currently doing and work your way up. This is just the way I see it, no idea if this echoes the voice of Sheiko experts.

First session tonight, went for an hour and a half.
It was a actually OK, handled the volume. Yes I know its week 1 day 1!
My arms and shoulders are shaking, I think the most annoying part is setting up for bench so many times!

It's as simple as picking one with adequate volume for your strength level and running it. 32 is the pre-comp cycle. There are other comp cycles as well, seen a nifty one that had you hitting two weeks of max lifts then a deload.

Obviously if you're Scott fucking Mendelson you don't think "oh I'm MSIC I'll do an MSIC routine" and go from training each lift once a week to 6 day a week, twice a day training because that would be fucking stupid, so start with a low volume or something near the volume you're currently doing and work your way up. This is just the way I see it, no idea if this echoes the voice of Sheiko experts.

Also don't think just because you fit a rating that it will work for you. Russian lifters are probably a few steps ahead of the average Aussie recreational lifter.

For example, I am a CMS lifter but everytime I run the CMS bench cycle it fucks me in the anus hard. If I were to be honest its probably just a little too much volume for me and this is something I hope to adapt to or at least adapt the routine around as it gives me good results and I really like how its set up.