• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

training while on rags?

TrentZor

Maybe a question the females and some of the guys here can asnwer. Should females still train when they are on their rags?

Reason im asking is im training my missus and not sure if i should get her to better her lifts while she is going through week especially the 2-3 days when she is bleeding alot more?

Don't do it, she may end up like this.

user756_1153371702.jpg

i don't normally have a problem when i train during that time of the month, she may not train to her fullest potential because she will feel bloated, sluggish and want to just stay in bed, but it will make her feel better once she is done, well i know this is the case for me. Also, i advise taking her out for a nice piece of steak after the workout. :D

Talk to her about it, and judge how she is feeling at the time.

I cant see any reason for not training, as long as she has a good diet, plenty of iron, etc she should be fine..

But as I mentioned, its up to her, and hows she feels, some women can be moody and or depressed, some it doesnt worry, juts dont make a big deal about it. I am sure she will tell you if she is not happy!.

Maybe a question the females and some of the guys here can asnwer. Should females still train when they are on their rags?

Reason im asking is im training my missus and not sure if i should get her to better her lifts while she is going through week especially the 2-3 days when she is bleeding alot more?

No two women are alike ceffo and that goes for your woman. However generally speaking, some women may experience symptoms of fatigue/lethargy, abdominal cramping, bloating in their tummy, and nausea. Not too hard to take care of what I’ve mentioned so far.

However it does get a bit tricky when irritability and depression sets in and the female athlete is in no mood for anything (except perhaps some chocolates and the likes). Talk to you lady and discuss her individual needs and build up a pattern if you really want to achieve positive results. There’re always supplements out there which would help; out of the top of my head I can recommend K-Mag (by Blackhorse) to anyone (men or woman) who are going through periods where they are cramping. I’ve been taking magnesium aspartate since 1982.

Another item that comes to mind which would go a very long way to boosting energy levels as well as iron levels and that is chicken or lamb’s liver (if she can tolerate such an incredible food). Take vitamin C with it as well as E (and don't forgett the Berocca).

Fadi.

Fadi, When ever I flex, I cramp. Any muscle, every time.

Is K-Mag some thing that I should look into?

lol no because there is nothing worse then when you do have your periods and you feel like crap, having to cook dinner.
Exactly what I said, when Ceffo cooks a steak it's inadequate and poorly prepared... yeah..hmmmmm ok. :rolleyes:

Fadi, When ever I flex, I cramp. Any muscle, every time.
I hear you.

Is K-Mag some thing that I should look into?
No, K-Mag is something you should have been taking yesterday Sticky my friend :D!

But before you do, please kiss your cramps goodbye for you may never see them return back to you ever again...

Fadi.

Last edited:
yeah i gave her the day off and just let her rest didnt want to push her that and she was going to bite my head off .. Thanks for the replies.. :)

Don't do it, she may end up like this.

user756_1153371702.jpg

this is why women shy away from strength training and powerlifting, they see this and think "omg i dont want to look like that!!" little do they know its either a man or a woman taking good ol' vitamin T. lol

Last edited:
this is why women shy away from strength training and powerlifting, they seem this and think "omg i dont want to look like that!!" little do they know its either a man or a woman taking good ol' vitamin T. lol

And vitmain GH vitmain ig1 vitmain deca...