• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best way to pick-up in a gym

I once complimented a uni athlete chick on her snatch.

Too bad it was a genuine compliment and I didn't think of taking it further until a bit later. Doh!

deadlift 400kg with no shirt on

In a normal gym, you only have to do so with 180kg. In fact, I've been chatting up a cute PT at my gym after she complimented me on my last deadlift 1RM session which I made 185kg (I asked her to take the video). Easy way to stand out & break the ice when most guys are lifting 110~120kg with straps and gloves.

Sucks to be you lifting at an elite gym. :p

Does anyone have some actual tips by any chance, as I currently cannot deadlift 400kg?? haha I'll take corny ones as a plan B

Does anyone have some actual tips by any chance, as I currently cannot deadlift 400kg?? haha I'll take corny ones as a plan B

Time your approach till she goes get a weight plate or a DB. Then reach out at the same time for it, which means your hand will bump into hers. Magical fateful romantic moment, chicks dig that destiny shit. :cool:

Seriously, be aware of your surroundings for opportunities to break the ice, work in a little tease, smile, talk to her and have some balls to carry it out with confidence. That's all you need.

My new favourite move is to find one who's working out with some decent intensity, smile at her during her little break* and tell her "Work harder!" or some other tease, followed by some comment on the exercise. Leave it at that and continue my way. Resume the conversation later or next time, if the vibe was good the first time. Once the ice is broken and the vibe is good, it's the same as anywhere else.

* this is important not just because of common courtesy. There's decent psychological and biochemical reason behind it. I won't say what it is, but you can look it up easily.

i would digress about the 400kg squat comment :p

We all have seen posers in the gym load 1miiilllion kilos on the leg press and push it 1 inch yet have no leg development. Most og them dont have the best physique. Most women who would pick you up at a gym want a trophy-manwhore. You dont go to a butchers to buy a car?

Do some barbell hip thrusts like this
[youtube]eedVSQGlsU0&[/youtube]
and then say to the pretty girl next to you you'd like to use her instead of the bar for a couple of 'very high rep backoff sets' back at your place

wtf is a barbell hip thrust.. ROFL

i dont see any benefit in that exercise.. apart from lower back?

Glutes mate

Useful muscles to have for sex

im pretty sure if you do barbell hip thrusts at a commercial gym you'll get a few weird looks though