• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A crash course on how to prep for WA Open... in 38 hours!

The CAPO record boards are so behind its a joke.

One area where PA has it all over CAPO is record keeping.

The results from QLD are nowhere to be found, Scott set a record there that was broken at the Vics, so it will never show. That is piss poor in my opinion. I have spoken to Paul about this, maybe you new CAPO guys should also contact him.

I dont know how many records were set at QLD, but I know PTC lifters set 53 at the Vics, there not on there either.A host of other lifters also set records.

So the poor WA guys have to lift blind, clueless as to what the records are.

they may be taking attempts they feel are records, only to find out later they werent.

The PA website is excellent and current, we cant compare unfortunately. I have given Paul a solution, but as yet it remains the same. Pity.

Matt Van Beuningen, I first met Matt in 2007 at the Nats. He is a VERY big boy, sitting at 142kg.

He lifted raw I noticed.

320kg squat
230kg bench
300kg deadlift
850kg total

Only took 2 squats and 2 dead attempts.

I'm guessing he hasnt been doing Pilates in those 3 years.

This is the biggest raw total in Australian Powerlifting history.

Derek Boyers 880kg was done with knee wraps, which were allowed at the time.

Alan Kliese also did 865kg with wraps at the same comp.

I'd love to see these 3 going head to head in August

Gday Paulie, good to see you found your way over here, now I'll have to put your results up lol

haha, well there seems to be a little more conversation going on over here, so I thought what the hell.

Nice to see you on here Paullie, you did very well mate, lets see who can increase their total the most till the next meet, whoever loses has to shout dinner :p

Enjoy your time here on ausbb, it's a great community as you can see by the encouragement everyone has given me, hope to keep in touch.

OK your on lol. I've got a bit of sitting out to do on deads and squats cause of my upper back, but thats ok Ill just have to get my bench higher again :p