• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much can you chin?

Oh no, i cant do 30 reps non-stop. i do it in sets. Ah, not to sure about rep cadence, but my upper arms are basically in line with my torso, my hands are about shoulder width and my grip is reversed.

lol, LMD, you should have clarified this in your earlier post.

FWIW, I can chin my bw 420 times!!

I know this because I've looked it up on my Gym Buddy app. That's how many reps I've done over 67 sets (avg 6.3 reps per set). But I'm claiming I can do 420. Who the hell can beat that !!! :D

I just checked my Gym Buddy app, weighted chins / pullups I've done 1628 reps. Incorporating my BW into the equation... thats 203,500kg moved :)

Next please... :D

I just checked my Gym Buddy app, weighted chins / pullups I've done 1628 reps. Incorporating my BW into the equation... thats 203,500kg moved :)

Next please... :D

You're a beast Morgan, 203 tonnes !!

I didn't plug my bw into Gym Buddy for that exercise, but I've hovered around 90kg last 4-5 months. Multiplied by 420, that equates to 37,800 kgs.

So to answer the question in the OP:

How much can you chin? Answer: 37,800kgs. I like the sound of that ! :D

LOL funny stuff,

A proper chin has each rep starting as a dead hang, so basically there would be no tension in the biceps muscle.

Wide grip is anything wider than shoulder width.

chins are palms facing you or towards each other

pullups are palms facing away from you.

Keep us updated on you results, per set!

Me?
Let's see three workouts a week, chin-ups in at least two of those numbering average of 30, 352 weeks in a year for 20 years = 633,600 chin-ups.

Me?
Let's see three workouts a week, chin-ups in at least two of those numbering average of 30, 352 weeks in a year for 20 years = 633,600 chin-ups.

352 weeks in a year?

I make it 60 a week, x 52 wks = 3120 a year, x 20 yrs = 62,400 all up.

You're only 570,000 odd off from the original calc.

Still, 62,400 aint too shabby, 62,000 more than I've done.

Total tonnage would be astronomical, around 5,500,000 kgs at a guess. You'd probably take the prize in that category.

Last edited: