• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Tv] The anime thread

I have the full berserk series it is one of my favorites the actual manga books for it are unreal too, also the Baki the Grappler series is great too.
Dan

The Berserk anime was a little dissapointing compared to the Manga. That shit was unreal. Got the whole series, and it's still one of the better anime's I think, though like all of them really, compared to the Manga it ain't so great and things get lost in translation.

Gungrave is weird. I can't really get into it.

The re-made version of Full Metal Alchemist is actually pretty good. I generally don't like the CG enhanced versions, but they went and changed the whole story line towards the end, so it's basically a different anime. Though with the same base story.

I loved Gungrave, its the best program I've ever seen. It deals with far more humanistic themes than most animes (concepts of family and loyalty) whilst maintaining technical prowess. I'm a big fan of arthouse and si-fi stuff obvs.

Was Berserk along the same lines? it and Cowboy Bebop are the only animes I've heard of that are as well done technically as Gungrave.

The full metal series I've watched so far has been a little weak - the angst and slapstick humour gets old fast. Not bad for mindless viewing late at night but its not what I'm after.

I loved Gungrave, its the best program I've ever seen. It deals with far more humanistic themes than most animes (concepts of family and loyalty) whilst maintaining technical prowess. I'm a big fan of arthouse and si-fi stuff obvs.

Was Berserk along the same lines? it and Cowboy Bebop are the only animes I've heard of that are as well done technically as Gungrave.

The full metal series I've watched so far has been a little weak - the angst and slapstick humour gets old fast. Not bad for mindless viewing late at night but its not what I'm after.

I think I just had some bad feeds for Gungrave, so it made veiwing a little painful. Bad translations/sound etc. I'll try and remember where I was at with it and get back into it.

Bebop was great, I really liked the whole series, it was very well done. The movie(s) were good too, generally that's not the case.

Berserk's story line is well done and it's a more "serious" anime, though by the end it gets pretty arsehat backwards as they have to keep it within MA15+ guidelines, and if they did it straight from the Manga it'd easily be R18+. So the end goes a bit jumpy and random when shit hits fan, but otherwise it's a well done piece.

I think thats half of why I watched the newer Full Metal, because of the stupidity of it. Helps me relax and take my mind of anything and everything, I also enjoy it. Exactly what I want in an Anime. Ocassionally.

I would HIGH recommend

- Death Note
- Evangalion
- Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (romancy but good)
- Elfen Lied
- Read or Die is interesting, prob not top tier
- Noir
- Ergo proxy

Lemme know if youve seen any and what you thought!

Berserk's been okay. Griffith could possibly be the gayest character in all of anime.

In other news bleach season 4 is out. theyr'e releasing it in 2 parts so we have to pay more, yay.

What episode is that at? I just watch the Japanese sub. That's at 299 as of today. 300 next week.

Also Tenjou Tenge is pretty good watch. Too bad they didn't end the series and just kind of left it blank at the climax. Manga is on-going and a good read if you like to do so.

I learned Japanese for 2 years, so it's not so bad. If I don't pay too much attention to the reading I can still get the gist of it.

Also the english dubbed voice actors always sound retarded.

serious? wow. I'm impressed iron.

And dubbed voices being worse? goku from dragon ball z...

Arigato gozaimasu Oli-san.

That's fair. I'm pretty sure the japanese voice actor of Goku is a woman. A loud screechy woman.

Half the time it's just the timing and syncing that get's me, it's too far off. That and a lot is lost in translation.

I has no idea what you said :(

37 more minutes until the 2nd bleach dvd is released!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiStdHPPA58&feature=related]YouTube - Bleach Ending 6[/ame]

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

It's only there! I remember watching that like....at like the start of last year!

Oh and I just "politely" thanked you is all.

Also, I'm running out of Anime to watch, idea's people idea's!

Brother bought the original DVD's when they first came out. One of my favourite series. I tried the updated super fancy OVA series. I couldn't do it...it was too cheesey.

First of the North Star (not sure if serious)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AYaFL6SWmk[/ame]

Last edited:
Haha! That was the first "proper" anime I ever watched. Have you seen the actual movie? It's gloriously cheap.

I'll do some browsing and see if I can find something of interest. A lot of the new one's use waaaaaay too much CG. I might try dig up some oldies. I don't think I ever finished Slayer.