• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intense Cardio - Please Define!

k_21

Hi all,

I was just reading PTC newsletter #37
about 'recreating a new body". Awesome
writing.

Anyway the newsletter talks about 'intense
cardio' 2x a week.

What constitutes this? How do you gauge
if it's intense? Heart rate? Work rate? Faint?
:eek:

Examples would be good.

Thanks
Devante.

Search their newsletters and find the descriptions of routines like Around The World or From Russia With Love.

I think I passed out when I first read them and imagined myself doing them.

STEP 1:
Find a hill. Slight gradient, with a good 50-100m you can run on.

STEP 2:
Warm up with some light run throughs and stretching.

STEP 3:
Run up that hill as fast as you possibly can. Repeat this until you still feel like you are running but you are really only moving slightly faster than a brisk walk.

STEP 4:
Take a 10 min break.

STEP 5:
Repeat step 3

STEP 6:
Repeat step 5 until you get dizzy, throw up, start to cramp or get though 3-5 rounds. Whichever comes first

At the end of an Olympic weightlifting circuit, I fainted and coughed up blood. Is that intense enough? Personally, I think it's utterly silly and unnecessary. But then again, that was a one off episode in a span of 30 years of lifting...not bad!

The reason for fainting: heart rate went overboard and oxygen could not get to the brain fully, hence the falling down, (which is a good thing as far as the brain is concerned where now gravity is working in its favour).

Fadi.

Puking is intense cardio.

Ben, the only times I felt like vomiting was when I was attempting to do a certain weight/reps in squats before being ready (fit enough) to manage it. I know that from experience because after a while no matter what I challenged myself with, I could easily manage. I even took few tablets of Maxolon to stop the feeling of nausea and vomiting, that's how silly I was...all in the name of rushing things.

Take home message: Treat your body as you would when baking a cake; rush the process and all you'll end up with is a flat, unattractive, and raw cake instead of the magnificent other...

Fadi.

this is probably way off topic............my coach was telling me last night, about a colleague of his went into a gym once to see national level rowers doing 100 rep body weight squats. So if they weighed 70kg's, they'd load up the bar so that it'd weigh 70kg & rep out 100 squats.

That's probably not cardio, but would get your heart pumping

Oh yeah...

Now that gives me a reference to
'intense cardio'...

Now would there be a time limit on
these sessions? Say I can only run
'up' the hill for 1 lap before my body
quits! :eek:

Master Fadi -> that's some serious
lifting for you to 'fall down flat'!

Intensity is good but don't kill yourself it hurts your recovery. Also throwing up is highly catabolic and useless unless you want to prove how tough you are.
Posted via Mobile Device