• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

There is something seriously wrong with the ppp program!!

If you could drop some fat noobs your lifts would be more impressive but they are still very good. If you look at NPR his overall muscle mass is much higher that is all that is holding you back as you would be in a much lower weight class. Start pasting those test patches all over you :D

Just looked again, Im going to make it into the 100kg catagory and break some records... for Junior mens raw..

:eek:

S: 180
B: 140
D: 235

So bam squat is done.. i will have 190 in no time.. and by august i hope 200..

I need 30 on my bench and 15 on my deadlift...

My bench is weak as i have never really trained it hard or my arms for that matter. I have quite small arms and not strong bi's or tri's so i will work on them a bit..

But im thinking this is very doable.. Lose 7.5kg by august...

I never even contmeplated about competing i never realised my lifts would be good enough to consider competing but now im getting excited!

Last edited:
Go for it mate, that would be awsome encouragment, and a great goal to aim for..

I would have to get mega strong, or loose 5kg to make any records

Go for it mate, that would be awsome encouragment, and a great goal to aim for..

I would have to get mega strong, or loose 5kg to make any records

Unless someone else strogner turns up on the day and ruins my hopes and dreams lol :eek::p:D

Well, it shits me how much emphasis lifters put on music. FFS, youre in the gym, not a nightclub.
Agree. A V8 engine has its own awesome music that changes according to its revs; b/bells and d/bells likewise have their own tone that stimulates the soul to lift with intensity and purpose. Who needs musical instruments when we have the real deal iron instruments playing our tune!

Fadi.

Thats ****ign awsome i hate you lol..

Your not under 24 and going to this thing are you?? Lol :p

Oh yay you weigh less then me lol

saved by the scales lol!

Lol.

Why don't you compete then mate and set some records!!

Because, so far everythings been pretty far away from where I live, and i'd feel uncomfortable driving across the state by myself to lift for the day...

I'm considering either PTC'S aussie day next year or the capo state titles when they come to nsw.

Last edited:
I will hold the AD comps and maybe a bench only comp. With the majority of PTC lifters competing in official competition, it would make peaking tricky.

Oli and Noobs would do well, as would a lot of others.

Heres some free advice, stop looking at records. Anyone trhat competes long enough will do well. As a novice your main concern should be hitting your gym PB's in competition. Competition is much harder than lifting in the gym.

Dont be too concerned about what others do. If your doing well, and a record is in sight, we can go for it.

At the last comp Max had to deadlift over 210kg for the deadlift record. He couldve opened on it, but he's smarter than that, risking the whole comp to chase a record.

He opened with an easy 200kg, now he's in the comp, 207.5kg next got him the total record, 3rd attempt 212.5kg for the deadlift record, 215kg was icing on a great day, 10 from 11 successful lifts.

Enter because you want to compete and have fun. Keep one eye on the records, but have a great day first.

Noobs and Oli, I encourage you guys to enter. Paul Nay has told me that any novice I vouch for can lift at the Nationals without qualifying. I already have around 6 more guys already entering. Its because RAW is so new that standards havent really been set yet.

the only way we can increase the profile and standards of RAW lifting is to have more competitors, as Oli has pointed out, winning a class because no one else entered is a little hollow, that wont be the case at Nats, I have 4-5 lifters in the 110kg class alone.

If anyone else on here is interested in competing, email me at

ptcfrankston@three.com.au