• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

There is something seriously wrong with the ppp program!!

Well, it shits me how much emphasis lifters put on music. FFS, youre in the gym, not a nightclub.

So one night I had Bee Gees blaring in the gym the whole night. I lost count how many PB's were set, I listed them all on the ns.com website.

If someone is pissweak and needs everything going there way, then the slightest thing not going there way will be an excuse for their performance.

Fadi made a great post on the chaos theory. A truly good lifter should be able to perform under ANY circumstances.

Check out the 4 wet nights video, James squatting 180kg barefoot standing on towels because the gym was flooded.

I'm just saying, you should be able to perform anywhere in any conditions.

Just my opinion. My next newsletter is about lifting in adversity.

Hard to lift with max effort when you're lifting at Fitness First with Justin Bieber whining through the speakers. :p

On some days maybe, but when your focused nothing else matters, or registers, its just you and that bar..Its the only training partner I need.

Well, it shits me how much emphasis lifters put on music. FFS, youre in the gym, not a nightclub.

Well I do agree with that, since I never listen to music while lifting. I prefer the clanging of the weight plates.

My post was meant to be light-hearted, but the point is that people who train outside of serious gyms have never really seen max effort lifts before and don't know what it is like to throw everything they have at the bar. The "soft" environment at a typical gym - choice of music included - doesn't help either.

Good thing my current gym is too cheap to pay the new music license so they usually turn it off.

Didn't you write in a newsletter once that Shorty deadlifted 200kg on his first visit to PTC, with his previous max being only 170kg? The environment makes a huge difference.

Yep, I'll give you that. Enviroment can definitely add kilos.

And dont get me wrong, I HATE with a passion when shit music is playing, and it never does in my gym, but if I was training at a commercial gym, I wouldnt allow it to muck up my session.

There are fantastic gyms in most states now, you guys should seek them out

PowerSports in Canberra
Shire Speed & Strength in Sydney
Muscle Pit in WA

Harvey drives for 1h45m to come to PTC 3 times a week, each way.

Even if you could only get to one of them once a week

Would love to lift at PTC, wish I had time outside of work & other things to travel that much for lifting.

I just asked Paul Nay about gyms affiliated with CAPO and it appears that there's one within walking distance from my place: Doherty's Gym, Brunswick. It looks like a competitive bodybuilder gym from the website, but a few CAPO and IPF guys train there, I'm told. I asked if he could post such info on their website. PA has quite a number of lifting clubs around Melbourne, time for CAPO to respond with something.

I'm going there to see the CAPO fellas and if it's all good, will join them soon.

Dohertys has gym in Dandenong and the City as well, CAPO actually holds comps at Dohertys gyms.

If you go to the CAPO website, you will see that it holds comps at Bodyworld in Balaclava and Steve Browns gym in Caulfield, with 3 Dohertys and PTC, your spoilt for choice.

I grew up in Brunswick by the way, 145 Victoria St.

Have you attempted a 1rm before?
Nope... ;)

To date I've been a workout for bulk kinda guy so hover in the 5-8 rep kind of range. Decided to focus on strength as I'm sick of the plateaus I'm stuck on and am using these first 11 week cycles to calibrate. Expected my deads were low and might inch them up a bit. We'll see what happens. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Mike

I just did some new 1rms

220kg dead
bench 110
squat 180kg from yesterday

Time to restart ppp with

230 dead
120bench
190 squat

Results will be up very soon. i ****ing love this program!!!

They are some impressive numbers you've got there mate.

Have a look at the other people in your weight class though :eek:

They are some impressive numbers you've got there mate.

Have a look at the other people in your weight class though :eek:

I dont think im game... My weight isnt muscle its mainly fat due to my condition. If i can get everything sorted bu august i could drop alot of weight.

Im looking at the CAPA site now,

110kg bodyweight records

SQUAT 195
BP 135kg
DL282.5kg

J Mendyk
Junior men RAW 20-23y/o

Actually if i entered the 140kg+ catagory i would beat the current records in that class with my current lifts? But maybe have a heart attack in the process lol...

So i have to find 15kg in my squat, 25kg in my bench and 62.5kg in my deadlift by august to make the current lifts.

Can it be done??

Last edited: