• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Today I got my power bar from ABC.

The postie had a big dude with him to carry it, and he's like 'careful, its heavy'. I loled.

This bar is the coolest bar ever - it's all black and whilst the knurling is deep its not a texas chainsaw massacre bar either.

This is the best barbell I've ever used, and is probably the best barbell in the world (simply because its mine and in my house). I'd feel like a moron training at a public gym ever again, and next time I want anything barbell related Im going to ABC.

Very happy with mine too.

If you want to stay happy with it, DO NOT touch an Eleiko or Ivanko...

Very happy with mine too.

If you want to stay happy with it, DO NOT touch an Eleiko or Ivanko...

lol, i kinda accept theres some limits to my cash. Plus, I like to support an australian company.

Kinda wish I had abc PLATES NOW :(

Last edited:
Good to hear you boys are happy, mine are over 3 years old and they still look brand new. These bars will last you guys a lifetime training at home

amac checking in again, paid $514 for an ABC powerbar and spring collars. should be expecting delivery in 2-3 weeks. can't wait!!!

now i just have to pay my parents back... :rolleyes:

Do yours have aluminium rings in the centre, or has the hole been bored out of a solid plate?

Ah yeah.

The ABC ones are bored out of solid plate, a lot stronger.

But more exxy as well.

Can't remember mate....

Looked at so many different plates, some which aren't on the website.

Can't remember mate....

Looked at so many different plates, some which aren't on the website.

I've always liked the rubber grips, I think from memory they're double the price of the muscle motion rubbers retail.

Considering getting a set of kettlebells from them too.

I didn't think they were quite that much; they may have been.

They scream of quality, finished very nicely.

the gym direst type ones are 2.95 / kg

The ABC rubber coated plates are ~$6/kg coloured are a tad more..

They are nice, my gym has a few 25kg plates, they have a matt texture rather than the glossy plastic look.