• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Apparently lol.

If you go to the IE website there are a LOT of bent Pendlay bars there (between 20kg, 15kg and 10kg). No idea what happened to any of them though

I guess flex and whip are one thing. But how well the bar handles being be t is another, I am shuts the cheaper bats will only bounce back so many times.

Watching the big guy at gym do 300+ reads with standard abc bars and I recon they bend more than all those pics. Some havnt recovered so well

and to test the bars properly u need to have them so they cant touch the ground, because the second the bar touches the ground the stress is taken off the bar.

I've sold alot of Texas Power Bars from this first shipment. Here are a couple of powerlifting guys who have bought them, who im sure would be happy to provide a review on them for you:
Ben Polke https://www.facebook.com/GoldCoastBarbell
Nathan & Adam https://www.facebook.com/MazzivePowerlifting

I can definitely vouch for the Texas Power bar. Solid bar, great knurling, rolls smoothly and handles 200+ in the rack very well.

I'll also vouch for Nick at UGE. Great supplier.

Bars around...

ABC power $430(?)
Troy texas $599
G2 Bar $449
Force bar $230
MM bar (?)
Eleiko(?)
Ivanko(?)
Pendlay

Add prices for the above guys

Bars around...

ABC power $430(?)
Troy texas $599
G2 Bar $449
Force bar $230
MM bar (?)
Eleiko $2002 (straight from Minh - Titan Australia | Powerlifting Gear and Training Equipment)
Ivanko $1800 (saw that posted somewhere recently)
Pendlay $820
Authentic Texas Power $599 (out of stock atm)
ZKC $1000 (training) $1200 (competition)

I would kill a man for an Eleiko. Does anybody need someone killed?

It was coming prep for tas and i know how to deadlift but i wasnt 100% about squatting in a suit...

But that didnt work out anyway

fucking shoulder, ps love cortisone pain is gone in 1 shoulder

It was coming prep for tas and i know how to deadlift but i wasnt 100% about squatting in a suit...

But that didnt work out anyway

fucking shoulder, ps love cortisone pain is gone in 1 shoulder

Balls.
I was just having a crack at CAPO members and their apparent fear of the stiff Eleiko bar. :p

Anyone had any experience with the Iron Edge barbell?
Iron Edge 20kg Olympic Barbell - Iron Edge Fitness Equipment - Train Smarter

I have the cheap 700lb MM bar and the finnish is not the best, the knurling is quite smooth and it just doesnt feel very nice to use .I have put up with it for a couple years now but I think its time to upgrade.

My first choice would be an ABC bar but to get one landed in WA, I will be looking at 550-600

If the general opinion of the iron edge bar is good, then im sure it would be good enough for me

I have the cheap 700lb MM bar and the finnish is not the best, the knurling is quite smooth and it just doesnt feel very nice to use .I have put up with it for a couple years now but I think its time to upgrade.

My first choice would be an ABC bar but to get one landed in WA, I will be looking at 550-600

If the general opinion of the iron edge bar is good, then im sure it would be good enough for me

The IE one is a cheap crappy bar. That's about it.

Didn't someone say it's the same as mm?

I don't mind the smooth knurling for deadlifts works grip alot better..

However for bench when your hands slide out it's a killer.

I'm still tossing up what bar to get. What's the original Texas bar brand?

Bars around...

ABC power $430(?)
Troy texas $599
G2 Bar $449
Force bar $230
MM bar (?)
Eleiko(?)
Ivanko(?)
Pendlay

Stay well clear of the G2 barbell, I bent mine in 4 days!

Someone said earlier in the thread that the Troy Texas barbell is not the same as the Texas barbell that UGE sell... The one that UGE sell is the real deal and the Troy is just a "cheap" copy.

i think this is the first bar i got, it was bent within a month, the most it had on it was about 100kg for DL... the ends of the sleeves would touch the ground if you rolled it on the floor hahahahaha :p