• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yeah, but if you plan on competing, training with the longer bar, or a bar that flexes easily you are disadvantaging yourself because the conditions change in comp.

Totally agree. I don't plan on competing anytime soon but If I was I would want to train with the same or very similar bar to what I was going to compete with. so does CAPO not have a set deadlift bar they use?

My original point was that the pendlay bar does not have a huge amount of flex when deadlifting. I can barely notice it at 250+. Obviously more flex than a eleiko but not heaps.

I think sticky has both the pendlay and the texas deadlift bar. If he sees this it would be interesting to know what he thinks the differences are between both bars when deadlifting.

Totally agree. I don't plan on competing anytime soon but If I was I would want to train with the same or very similar bar to what I was going to compete with. so does CAPO not have a set deadlift bar they use?

My original point was that the pendlay bar does not have a huge amount of flex when deadlifting. I can barely notice it at 250+. Obviously more flex than a eleiko but not heaps.

I think sticky has both the pendlay and the texas deadlift bar. If he sees this it would be interesting to know what he thinks the differences are between both bars when deadlifting.
LOL we are talking about the same bar right??
Pendlay 20kg Bushing Class HD NexGen Olympic Barbell - Iron Edge Fitness Equipment - Train Smarter

mine flexes a shit load with 160kg :p compared to an eleiko anyway lol

this is graham dl 180 a while back, i think its a pendlay bar, could be wrong, certainly looks like one.
230085_215542848473955_100000547242479_772568_440289_n.jpg

from the looks of that theres at least a 1 inch bend.

Yeah same bar. I think our difference in what is a lot of flex is comes from that I have never lifted with an eleiko to compare. I have lifted up to 270 with my pendlay and I don't really notice the flex much. Defiantly not enough to worry about it. For the average person deadlifting under 200 it isn't going to be an issue.

Like I said, if I had my time again I would get a Texas dead bar though. Actually I may get one anyway now that I think about it.

lol dave haha

yeah when u go from having an inch of flex to none on an eleiko, u get a massive shock. its amazing how much of a difference that 1 inch makes

90% sure that's a Zhang Kong WL bar

The texas dead bar has some crazy whip. If you watch my 192.5 deadlift you see the guy flex the bar just moving it across

90% sure that's a Zhang Kong WL bar

The texas dead bar has some crazy whip. If you watch my 192.5 deadlift you see the guy flex the bar just moving it across
i didnt think marcos had a zk bar. i remember he got the pendlay because when i used it i liked it and got one, unless he got one after i stopped going to ptc

I'm still not sure Cal. A couple of months ago he had to ask me the brand name of the bars IE get from America lol

This is a Pendlay loaded with 290kg resting on ~30cm of mats. The plates on the right hand side are touching the ground so you're looking at up to 3cm of flexion if my math is correct

294850_294847493876823_100000547242479_1080814_1822593030_n.jpg

I will loaded up my IE and Ivanko bars as well when my camera battery recharges

Wouldn't surprise me.

All good I'll just tell Rick and hope he gives me the spare one in the warehouse :p

Otherwise free cambered bar :D

I didnt want to hyjack the other thread I started, so I've started a new one.

Today I picked up a Pendlay bushing bar and an Ironedge $180 bar.

The Pendlay bar has a very nice finish. It looks the goods, we'll see how it goes

The Ironedge bar looks identical to the Gym Direct bar, same supplier I'd guess.

I'll post back in a week and report anything I find.

if you have any questions or want me to try something, post up.
there u go

Fair enough lol. Don't think I have ever used it there.

And the GD and IE bars ARE identical except for the sticker at the end of the bar lol

I'm still not sure Cal. A couple of months ago he had to ask me the brand name of the bars IE get from America lol

This is a Pendlay loaded with 290kg resting on ~30cm of mats. The plates on the right hand side are touching the ground so you're looking at up to 3cm of flexion if my math is correct

294850_294847493876823_100000547242479_1080814_1822593030_n.jpg

I will loaded up my IE and Ivanko bars as well when my camera battery recharges

Really not a heap of flex for 290. Obviously more than an eleiko but like I said, deadlifting around the 200 mark no need to worry.

Don't do it to the IE one. It will be bent for good. My GD has never been the same after 300kg + rack pulls.

Really not a heap of flex for 290. Obviously more than an eleiko but like I said, deadlifting around the 200 mark no need to worry.

Don't do it to the IE one. It will be bent for good.
yeah would be no problem for general training, but training to compete in powerlifting it will be an issue if the fed is using a stiff bar. also i think the ivanko comp bars are also 210000-220000 psi

I think it's probably how the bars are centred. Think one end of the Ivanko is about 1mm off the ground lol I do think it flexed the most though