• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What bar stacks up better out of the Pendlay 20kg bushing class next gen HD or the Texas power bar, I ask as I am about to go ahead with the purchase of my own equipment and want a bar that will last and is around the money these two bars are (just over 600 delivered), what you guys think?
UGE is sold out of the Texas bar, I was fairly convinced this was the way to go, but does anyone know when they getting more in?
Anyway, I know i could get the Pendlay bar from Iron edge, but just not sure how ggod they are......and yeh yeh I know that I will prob never hurt either bar LOL, but still want your opinions on them

What bar stacks up better out of the Pendlay 20kg bushing class next gen HD or the Texas power bar, I ask as I am about to go ahead with the purchase of my own equipment and want a bar that will last and is around the money these two bars are (just over 600 delivered), what you guys think?
UGE is sold out of the Texas bar, I was fairly convinced this was the way to go, but does anyone know when they getting more in?
Anyway, I know i could get the Pendlay bar from Iron edge, but just not sure how ggod they are......and yeh yeh I know that I will prob never hurt either bar LOL, but still want your opinions on them
go the texas.
i have a pendlay HD and it has no center knurling, so it slips when squatting with it. other then thats its a good bar. nice knurling, just non in the center. also this bar has a moderate whip, so it bends quite easily with heavy deads, so really you are cheating off the ground. if i had to pick now over my pendlay HD or a texas power bar, id pick the texas.

OK, I've just read the whole darn thread now and realized that the ABC power bar is a contender as well. What stacks up better, the ABC power bar or the Texas bar?
Thx for the quick reply callan

EDIT: Well the Texas bar won't be available again until the end of November to early December, so I dought I'll get one as I want mine earlier than that. So I rang ABC and they said the ABC power bar (bop220) will cost me 618.73 delivered.
So whats best out of the ABC and the Pendlay bushing bar?

Last edited:
I got quoted $570 (inc.post to Adelaide) for the ABC bar... Seems the better option would be the Texas bar and I'm fairly sure I can get it cheaper than the ABC bar as there seems to be a gymandfitness here in Adelaide (save on postage).
I think my minds made up, just gotta go have a look at the Texas and see if I like it.

Rambo, Good choice mate :)

The Gym and Fitness is NOT a real "orginal Texas bar"

Texas is not a brand, it is a style/type of bar with specific measurements.

go the texas.
i have a pendlay HD and it has no center knurling, so it slips when squatting with it. other then thats its a good bar. nice knurling, just non in the center. also this bar has a moderate whip, so it bends quite easily with heavy deads, so really you are cheating off the ground. if i had to pick now over my pendlay HD or a texas power bar, id pick the texas.

I have the pendlay bushing bar and it seems to me to have fairly low flex for the bar it is. I'm not 100% sure as I don't have both but from vids it seems to flex less than a Texas deadlift bar.

Callan competes with PA and pulls with an Eleiko which has ZERO bend or whip so in comp he keeps failing off the ground as the bar doesn't have any give.

Callan competes with PA and pulls with an Eleiko which has ZERO bend or whip so in comp he keeps failing off the ground as the bar doesn't have any give.

Ah didn't know that. Well yep it will have more whip than an eleiko for sure.

Really though, I wish the Texas dead bars were available when I got my pendlay. I only use it for deadlifts anyway. O lifts are too much of a pain to learn.

atm I am squatting and benching with an Iron Edge 20kg bar and pulling with an Ivanko power bar only cos I don't want to use the Ivanko in my power rack until I get something to protect it from the metal J-hooks.

I've got a Pendlay as well which I will use for deads.

Don't want anyone else to use my Ivanko though cos I'm greedy :p

atm I am squatting and benching with an Iron Edge 20kg bar and pulling with an Ivanko power bar only cos I don't want to use the Ivanko in my power rack until I get something to protect it from the metal J-hooks.

I've got a Pendlay as well which I will use for deads.

Don't want anyone else to use my Ivanko though cos I'm greedy :p

Callan where does he live? Time to break in to his garage and do some heavy squats and probably a few fails with accompanying bar dump from near lock out.

Are the bushing type power bars that bad for cleans, i currently just use the ABC standard bars at the gym for everything (also own one of their older ones)

I guess the question is will I notice a difference, easier on the forarms wrists etc, if i get say a pendaly bearing bar.... any other suggestions..

Pendlay make a bush bearing weightlifting bar so I'm not 100% whether it is the bearing type that dictates how quickly the sleeves spin.

Callan where does he live? Time to break in to his garage and do some heavy squats and probably a few fails with accompanying bar dump from near lock out.
all i know is that he is in kilsyth, what we should do is get him to invite us over for a session and do it while his there to watch :D:p

I have the pendlay bushing bar and it seems to me to have fairly low flex for the bar it is. I'm not 100% sure as I don't have both but from vids it seems to flex less than a Texas deadlift bar.
the pendlay bushing class HD has a PSI of 166,000
where as the texas deadlift and power bar 186,000 PSI
eleiko comp bar is 210,000-220,000 PSI

yeah, but if you plan on competing, training with the longer bar, or a bar that flexes easily you are disadvantaging yourself because the conditions change in comp.