• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Late night sessions

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Gotta love late night training. I just finished a Bench, Row and Squat session and I feel fantastic.
Why do I feel so much stronger in the late evening compared to the morning or early arvo?

Of course late night sessions are practicable when I have to work the next day because I'd be in bed already.
Now for a good feed of tuna and vegies...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I bet Ceffo is gorging on his kebab right now the lucky SOB. :mad:

I'm the same Shrek - I find if I work in the morning I don't have anywhere near the same go that I do in the evening.

I think it's due to testosterone levels peaking later in the evening.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Test levels tend to be higher in the afternoon.
you are warmed up
you have eaten, rather than fasting overnight.
The biggy is that Serratonin levels tend to be higher in the morning, making you slack and sleepy, down regulates the body. Different people have teh peak and troph at different times, and typically this alligns with the persons circadian rythyms. ie if yoiu are a night owl you will be at your peak later in the day..

I know sometimes at 10pm I juts feel like going for a run, just too much bottled energy, were as at 9am at gym laying there doing bench all I can think about is how it would be nice to have a sleep!

like you I would love to train later at night, another reason I want my own set up.

I think this has alot to do with daily routines and such, I am always stuffed and asleep by 10 each night. I get up at 5am each day and find the best workout time is 4pm after i get home from work.

Why do I feel so much stronger in the late evening compared to the morning or early arvo?
I find myself sorta the same, I train better at 4pm than I would at 12pm, I think it's food related, later sessions you've had a days worth of food, If I wake up, eat... then go to the gym an hour later I don't train too well, throw in another 2 meals and go at 4pm and I rock the joint. :)

Trofius explained it well. I am shitty in the morning 9-10am not bad around 12 and feeling great at about 6 to 8.
Posted via Mobile Device

im with morgan i think its food related . In the morning my mind is willing but my bodies going through the paces, but after 3 meals (2-3pm) , i feel alot stronger.

I bet Ceffo is gorging on his kebab right now the lucky SOB. :mad:

YOM Yum YOM.. when u starting the PPP man? onto my 2nd week.. if anything the new routine has made me eat the house down over the weekend. My wife was like WTF are u on the Gear again?..

i was like nope just starting a strength program..

BC (before children) when i worked out for bout a year, straight after work was a decent time to train. I found the enjoyment of not being at work, boosted the workout.

Now with children a few years on, last year workouts were generally around 8.
This year, I'm lucky to start around 9, finish by 10.
To me these days a work out fits in when an where it can.

YOM Yum YOM.. when u starting the PPP man? onto my 2nd week.. if anything the new routine has made me eat the house down over the weekend. My wife was like WTF are u on the Gear again?..

i was like nope just starting a strength program..
yeah, I'll just have to purchase a copy from PTC so I know what I'm doing.:D

Strength levels peak 2 or 11 hours after waking.

Some prefer the early time slot, I'm with Shrek, I like the late one.

Nina on the other hand loves early training, but does all her training at night due to kids etc

Here is something to think about for those competing. I have seen lifters only ever train after 6.00pm.

Most comps are held at lunchtime. Practice lifting at the time you intend to compete.

Its one of the reasons I started open sessions on Saturday at PTC, starting at 11.00am.