• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to reach super low bodyfat levels

D

derkaderka

Hi guys

I'm interested in seeing who's ever wanted to get down to a very low bodyfat level but cannot achieve it for some reason.

When i was younger (16) my motivation was to have the abs, the boulders shoulders and the "guns".

I never knew how to get them, until i started reseaching and apply what i read.

Well 12 years down the track i've built my body to a respectable level, i've competed in 3 bodybuilding competitions and hoping to compete this October in the IFBB nationals.
My ultimate goal is to win IFBB Mr Australia under 85kgs this would bring me to have a "classic" bodybuilder look onstage and a larger than average but appealing well built physique to the opposite sex, i don't want to be a mass monster.

I'd like to show people a few tricks of the trade to help you move that bodyfat

Here is an example of my last competition diet leading into the show

Upon arising (do not eat)
caffeine (200mg)

cardio
45mins

Meal 1
1 protein shake (35g pro)
glutamine
multivitamin
60g oats
psyllium husk (fibre)

Meal 2
chicken breast
1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil

Meal 3
chicken breast
1/2 pre cooked bag of rice

Meal 4
tuna 150g

Train1hr

35mins cardio

Meal 5
1 Protein shake
20g of dextrose
glutamine BCAAs

Meal 6
Lean mince (1/2 packet of taco seasoning)
veggies (no peas or corn
or
salad

Meal 7
micellar protein (30-35g pro)
2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter
Glutamine

I trained MON-FRI
I did no cardio on saturday and i only did one cardio session in the arvo on sunday. Diet was for 12 weeks this is from about 6 weeks out of comp.

Training was a split bodypart program

Mon Shoulders/abs
Tues Arms
Wed Legs
Thurs Back/abs
Fri Chest

Sets were 3-4
reps were 6-12

If anybody is interested in getting "ripped" remember it's not genetics that gets you there it's hard work but it's not hard if you enjoy the journey :)

Last edited:
Not to be offensive or anything but were you 100% natural during this and all through your training?

Because if not this changes the ball game 100% so that the infomaiton is not applicable or practicle to others..

Also it is very much genetics, if you genetically have low tetsosterone high cortisol and high oestrogen then you will never EVER have a six pack no matter how much exercise you do and how little calories you eat.

noobs, can you give me any tips to tell if i have bad genetics and other things in this sense, i would like to know this for myself aswell.

I say most people that visit these forums have normal hormones and can benefit from the info that many members provide from practical experience.

You seem to be the exception to the rules noobs and are constance with your unnecessary rants that make you appear bitter and argumentative.

Noobs I enjoy a lot of your info on diet and I respect what you've achieved against adversity. But give it a rest. You have a disorder, an abnormality which has hindered your progress.

Clearly Derka meant anyone within reason. He said it as I would say anyone can achieve a 140kg squat. If you're born with only one leg that clearly wouldn't apply to you.

Derka go on. I've really enjoyed your contribution to the forum so far. You sound like a bodybuilder with his head screwed on right.

Noobs he is correct, most people who do not have a six pack don't because they usually do to not have the discipline, it is either that or they do not have the knowledge. Only a select few have such hormonal imbalances that they can not. He is just trying to help out some people who want to give it a shot his way. Just let the thread be and do not make it into an argument.

Noobs he is correct, most people who do not have a six pack don't because they usually do to not have the discipline, it is either that or they do not have the knowledge. Only a select few have such hormonal imbalances that they can not. He is just trying to help out some people who want to give it a shot his way. Just let the thread be and do not make it into an argument.

I wasnt arguing with his method, Im glad he has done what he is done and thats awsome i was simply saying for some and alot more then you think it is not that easy and some people may be bothered by this fact and go into dperession because they cant seem to achieve what others can and not know why.. Especially when people are saying that it is only related to hard work and not your genetics. Instead it has turned into me trying to defend that and everyone taking what i have said in a total 180 especially the OP.

I wasnt arguing with his method, Im glad he has done what he is done and thats awsome i was simply saying for some and alot more then you think it is not that easy and some people may be bothered by this fact and go into dperession because they cant seem to achieve what others can and not know why.. Especially when people are saying that it is only related to hard work and not your genetics. Instead it has turned into me trying to defend that and everyone taking what i have said in a total 180 especially the OP.

knowledge and practical experience is a powerful combination and noobs points are valid as are mine.

Derka, I'm interested in trimming off some fat.

How can I estimate my calorie intake effectively? also have you ever tried carb cycling?

What's the deal with all these posts with just numbers I had to delete? Did I miss something?

What's the deal with all these posts with just numbers I had to delete? Did I miss something?

Looks like a mod edited them..

Anyway back on topic. Great info Damien :) I'm thinking about doing some cardio in the morning before breakfast when I have a late start for work. A late start for me would around 8-8:30 so I want to get up at 6 and go for a 30-45min run.

Oli if you want to estimate calorie intakes this is the rule of thumb.

Bodyweight in LBS

x 10 = cutting weight
x 15 = maintainance
x 20 = adding weight

I know you're switched on so do your own research on marco ratios. Plenty of differing opinions on this.

Personally I like to keep reasonable carbs and limit fat on cutting

Derka, what do you do for your cardio in the morning. Personally I would not go for anything over a fast walk or weighted walk if I have not eaten.

Derka, I'm interested in trimming off some fat.

How can I estimate my calorie intake effectively? also have you ever tried carb cycling?

I haven't tried usually had a bad meal on a saturday night which could fit into the term "refeed" to up my calories levels and boost thyroid levels prolonged dieting lowers them.

Tell you the truth i haven't really counted my calories ever i found that it made the whole experience not fun. I count my protein and carbohydrate grams if that helps.

I usually went by 2.5-3 of protein per kilogram of bodyweight and i usually did not want to go over 140g of carbs in a dieting phase and i usually added about 10-15g of good fats.

Also try to keep fats low in a meal when you've got carbs. When carbs are ingested the pancrease stimulates insulin and that's a storage hormone that will take the fat and store it.

general rule. Keep fats low in a meal with carbs.

Hope that helps

Looks like a mod edited them..

Anyway back on topic. Great info Damien :) I'm thinking about doing some cardio in the morning before breakfast when I have a late start for work. A late start for me would around 8-8:30 so I want to get up at 6 and go for a 30-45min run.

No running mate if your going for a lean muscular physique anything over 65% of your max heart rate your going to use carbs as fuel if you deplete your carb sources your body will breakdown protein (muscle) through a process called Gluconeogenesis. Especially after a fast at night.

I want you to power walk 6.5km-7.0km pace on treadmill as your body's preferred source of fuel is fatty acids (fat). Yes you'll burn less calories but the calories you burn are mostly pure fat and the muscle stays on your frame.

Hope this helps Birch

Derka, what do you do for your cardio in the morning. Personally I would not go for anything over a fast walk or weighted walk if I have not eaten.

Spot on Dave i power walk as for reasons above ^^^^^^

Here is an example of my last competition diet leading into the show

Upon arising (do not eat)
caffeine (200mg)
cardio
45mins

Meal 1
1 protein shake (35g pro)
glutamine
multivitamin
60g oats
psyllium husk (fibre)

Meal 2
chicken breast
1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil

Meal 3
chicken breast

Meal 4
tuna 150g

Train1hr

35mins cardio
Meal 5
1 Protein shake
20g of dextrose
glutamine BCAAs

Meal 6
Lean mince (1/2 packet of taco seasoning)
veggies (no peas or corn
or
salad

Meal 7
micellar protein (30-35g pro)
2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter
Glutamine

Derka mate Love it, thats basically what I use mate, But I personally have to eat less carbs as i'm more sensitive to insulin and I bloat, bloody genetics.

Do you reccomend the ECA before morning cardio aswell, Ephidra Caffine Asprin ?

Cardio, what about low impact cross-trainer machine ?

And Derka, what about an early morning trainer? as in in the gym by 6am, that changes your food for the rest of the day and hence no cardio straight up. I would take a small shake and supps before gym about 30 mins so I don't cramp, immedialty after training, I mean as I'm walking out of the gym a water based shake, BCAA's, Multi-V and 25g simple sugar in the form of jelly beans (glucose).

Then average my meals out through the day, 5-6 on bulk and 7-8 on cut.

Fruit next meal with husk and shake, but no more sugar int he day.

rest of meals are real food, steak or chicken or tuna with green veggies.
Last meal is watershake with Flax oil + Tribulas and Magnesium B6.

Yoru thoughts mate?