• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to reach super low bodyfat levels

I don't. Honestly. I don't believe in half the shit here. I read it, i take from it what i will.

Deal with it. There is more than one right way. If you can't see that. You are blind.

I dont agree with the cardio before eating. Even if you have a shake when you go for a walk in the morning its better. Also I try to have a glass of water as well cause your deydrated when you wake up. Thats just me tho.

You don't agree with half of it? I would have sold my soul for advice like that! a bodybuilders cutting diet is hardly what you need to be looking at. Remember lifestyle change?

Wise words, couldn't agree more.
When you become a bodybuilder you can consider the approach Derka is sharing.

+1 to gaucheharbor and stralian. You do not need any more info but help practically adding exercise, healthy eating and lifestyle changes. You don't really need much info besides getting on the road to changing your life, more of a life coach help (Fadi is good at this). Once you have that down you will be about 75kg and ready to learn and implement more information. Don't get too stuck in learning more and implementing lots of tiny changes now as it has a negative effect in the long run.
Posted via Mobile Device

hey derka, been keeping an eye on this thread, welcome mate.

Im curious what is your opinion on HIIT training,

say slotting it into similair timeslots as you do, instead of your flat 45min walk, i noticed you mention as for bodybuilding you wouldnt advise any faster than a certain pace.

Ive been doing HIIT 3x per week say mon,wed,fri, (consisting of either, 5 min walk warmup, 10x 10 sec sprints with 50 sec walk in between each set, 5 min cooldown/ also switch to around 50 burpees in groups of 10 with 40 sec break in between, 5 min walk warmup + cooldown)

from what ive read just to basically keep the metabolism up.

but is this going to really hinder my gains longterm,

im running around 3000cals a day 92kg 14% bf.

Have been for some time, had gains but ive plateaued out now,

I really only want to get bf down to say 12% max and gain as much as possible, dream to reach 100, but cant see it happening naturally. Been training around 5 years, 3+ years seriously lift 5 day p/w.

what would you advise?

just trying to pick your brain

appreciate any advice mate.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah, but i don't agree with half of it. New stuff welcome.

Always open to listening. Can't guarantee I'll agree. That is what life is about. You take what you can use. F** the rest of it.

Just because you dont agree does not mean it is not right..

I see this constantly,

Apartame causes tumours

Oh yeah yeah they wouldnt be aloud to sell it if it did...

People choose to believe what they want because the truth inflicts on their lifestyle and also alot of people cant face the fact that alot of things their parents told them or they have learnt thermselves is just not correct...

You see this alot with people who eat alot of bread rice pasta and winge about my parents ate that they dont have a weight problem why do i?

I don't. Honestly. I don't believe in half the shit here. I read it, i take from it what i will.

Deal with it. There is more than one right way. If you can't see that. You are blind.

Well I can only say how sorry I feel for you and best of luck on your weight loss journey. I personally believe that everyone here has tried their very best to help, guide and inspire you. I haven't seen one comment which I would call bad advice or untrue. Had I not done something about my weight i would have been in your shoes. Now i strive for optimal health and fitness so I choose the shoes I wear as I get older. I may be blind and narrow minded in your opinion but a least I'm heading in the right direction.

Derka I'm interested in your response on the HIIT cardio?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
what sort of rice do you eat? white, brown or basmati?

I eat basmalti and brown.

Hey stuff, was the evening cardio a fast walk also?
What's the caffine in the morning? Excuse my ignorance.

Caffeine increases free flowing fatty acids from your fat stores allowing you to access fat instead of carbs or lean muscle for energy.

You don't agree with half of it? I would have sold my soul for advice like that! a bodybuilders cutting diet is hardly what you need to be looking at. Remember lifestyle change?

Great thread Damo. One day I will attempt a cut like that but i have allot of squating and eating to do first. I like your principles and it's good to have a role model like yourself conributing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Gauche!

I dont agree with the cardio before eating. Even if you have a shake when you go for a walk in the morning its better. Also I try to have a glass of water as well cause your deydrated when you wake up. Thats just me tho.

BCAAs or Glutamine can be a good addition at that stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caffeine increases free flowing fatty acids from your fat stores allowing you to access fat instead of carbs or lean muscle for energy.

Granted, but caffeine also exhorts a powerful stimulation of the catabolic hormone cortisol, which I'm sure you already know is at its peak in the early hours of the morning.

Just to be fair and give a balance to this discussion, one of the most anabolic hormones testosterone, is also at its highest peak in the early hours of the morning, hence the often strong male erection.

So what to do now?

I’d reserve the fat burning to later on in the afternoon or early evening when the ratio of cortisol to testosterone is in favour of the anabolic hormone here. You see cortisol levels come down drastically as the day progresses so do testosterone levels but not the extent cortisol levels do, providing a more favourable environment for fat loss or at least less loss of muscles due to what I’ve already mentioned above.

When all is said and done, caffeine would not be a tool I'd use for someone with a higher ratio of fat to muscles, i.e. a non bodybuilder.

Fadi.

hey derka, been keeping an eye on this thread, welcome mate.

Im curious what is your opinion on HIIT training,

say slotting it into similair timeslots as you do, instead of your flat 45min walk, i noticed you mention as for bodybuilding you wouldnt advise any faster than a certain pace.

Ive been doing HIIT 3x per week say mon,wed,fri, (consisting of either, 5 min walk warmup, 10x 10 sec sprints with 50 sec walk in between each set, 5 min cooldown/ also switch to around 50 burpees in groups of 10 with 40 sec break in between, 5 min walk warmup + cooldown)

from what ive read just to basically keep the metabolism up.

but is this going to really hinder my gains longterm,

im running around 3000cals a day 92kg 14% bf.

Have been for some time, had gains but ive plateaued out now,

I really only want to get bf down to say 12% max and gain as much as possible, dream to reach 100, but cant see it happening naturally. Been training around 5 years, 3+ years seriously lift 5 day p/w.

what would you advise?

just trying to pick your brain

appreciate any advice mate.

Because your going to have the "afterburn" effect of burning more calories due to the intense nature of the cardio your doing i'd suggest increasing carbs especially if your going for increased muscle mass.

When i'm dieting for a comp i'd suggest low intensity, however if i'm increasing muscle in an "off season" i'd have no problem with the HIIT PROVIDED your taking in ENOUGH calories to put towards muscle growth.

Hope that's easy to understand.

Granted, but caffeine also exhorts a powerful stimulation of the catabolic hormone cortisol, which I'm sure you already know is at its peak in the early hours of the morning.

Just to be fair and give a balance to this discussion, one of the most anabolic hormones testosterone, is also at its highest peak in the early hours of the morning, hence the often strong male erection.

So what to do now?

I’d reserve the fat burning to later on in the afternoon or early evening when the ratio of cortisol to testosterone is in favour of the anabolic hormone here. You see cortisol levels come down drastically as the day progresses so do testosterone levels but not the extent cortisol levels do, providing a more favourable environment for fat loss or at least less loss of muscles due to what I’ve already mentioned above.

When all is said and done, caffeine would not be a tool I'd use for someone with a higher ratio of fat to muscles, i.e. a non bodybuilder.

Fadi.

This is what i have never understood fadi, You have an empty stomach after fasting and cortisol is at top of the range.. Some people are actually way over range through the morning. Yet this is when they exercise hoping to loose fat and retain muscle?

Testosterone does reduce cortisol, so i can understand body builders on juice having alot lower cortisol levels and alot high anabolic levels of tetsosterone so this not being a problem for them..

But for the normal person this spells disaster... Not to mention the other negative effects of caffeine.

Whilst cortisol may break down protein to provide energy it primarily breaks down fat stores to provide energy. Catabolism of fat is much more efficient and more effective than catabolism of protein. There fore when you do lighter exercise during a higher cortisol output you can provide more energy from fat stores, since you are not stressing your bodies energy reserves protein catabolism will be minimal (it happens all day and is rebuilt all day so do not think it just never happens).

So if you were to run 5-10km on an empty stomach with you are asking for more protein catabolism and that would not be smart. Derka suggests only power walking at the most, the same recommendation I would give if you went this route. This is not an energy intensive exercise and will in fact also promote fat metabolism itself.

B vitamins, minerals like calcium, magnesium, chromium and zinc, and antioxidants like vitamin C, alpha lipoic acid, grape seed extract, and Co Q 10.

I found these on the net to help reduce cortisol levels if your worried about them. If your concerned about them i personally would still use caffeine as i have had great results both natural and unnatural.

This is what i have never understood fadi, You have an empty stomach after fasting and cortisol is at top of the range.. Some people are actually way over range through the morning. Yet this is when they exercise hoping to loose fat and retain muscle?

Testosterone does reduce cortisol, so i can understand body builders on juice having alot lower cortisol levels and alot high anabolic levels of tetsosterone so this not being a problem for them..

But for the normal person this spells disaster... Not to mention the other negative effects of caffeine.

Most bodybuilders are implementing the use of EAAs and BCAAs in the morning prior to there cardio but it's really only the pefectionists, i hope to keep it simple for the general population as they fall of the programs if they are too complicated.

i hope to keep it simple for the general population as they fall of the programs if they are too complicated.

Very good point that, I find I have to keep simplifying things I do to keep me on track, the more nit picky I get the easier it is to fall off.