• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

TWELVE AFL footballers tested positive to illicit drugs in 2009

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
TWELVE AFL footballers tested positive to illicit drugs in 2009, including cocaine and ice.

TWELVE AFL footballers tested positive to illicit drugs in 2009, including cocaine and ice. Two of the players were caught twice.
The AFL revealed today that 1568 tests were conducted last year, producing 14 positive results – up from 12 the previous year.
AFL medical officer Dr Peter Harcourt said the majority of positive tests were for cocaine.
He warned cocaine was the emerging drug of choice among footballers.
Players were also detected with ecstasy, ice and cannabis in their systems.
Despite the results, the AFL insisted its illicit drugs policy was working.
The league said the overall rate of failed tests had dropped to .89 per cent of all tests

Twelve AFL players tested positive for illicit drugs last year | Herald Sun

Cocaine is performance enhancing if they use it on the day, beats the old caffeine tablets for neural stimulation :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Cocaine would NOT enhance a players performance on game day. In theory maybe, in practice though they would be a mess.

If you have seen SEPT brian imaging of drug users brains they basically look like they are full of holes alcohol actually looks worse then cocaine i must add.. I doubt it would increase their performance. Their coordination would be impaired and they would probably just run with the ball like a hero..

What police action is being taken against these people? If i got found with drugs i would be locked up but because they are famous is it just generally accepted in society these days?

If you didn't get that it was a joke, it was.

They were not caught with drugs noobs, they were drug tested and found to have used in the past by an organisation. You can not be prosecuted for this in any way shape or form. All that can happen is you get publicly shamed and made to say a fake apology.

If you didn't get that it was a joke, it was.

They were not caught with drugs noobs, they were drug tested and found to have used in the past by an organisation. You can not be prosecuted for this in any way shape or form. All that can happen is you get publicly shamed and made to say a fake apology.

I didnt even see your post.

This is what i dont understand. I didnt get caught killing someone but they found the blood on a knife in my kitchen... If this country has such a hard stance on drugs then why is it aloud to be like this.

If im driving andnot drinking at that time but have alcohol in my body meaning i have tested postive to something I have done but not in the process of doing i get arrested.

It just seems a bit ridiculous to me, obviously they can say oh someone slipped it to me and i didnt know but who would believe that shit.

Since the police did not do the testing and have no evidence that this person was high whilst driving etc then they can not do a thing.

The Police never go after petty part-time users, they are always interested in the bigger fish.

this statement is extremely farcical. I can't believe you believe this. But this is not the time or place to debate it.

I find it amusing that the article this thread is about has basically no coverage or mention in the media.

Imagine if this were NRL players? ACA and Today Tonight specials all week, an insight special and 2 weeks of front page headlines for the telegraph and the herald.