• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Box Squat - sit down or sit back?

Fair enough.
My only caveat is when trainees sit/rest on the box rather than just touching I suppose all exercises have there degree of danger.
I know one or two that place a piece of sponge sheet on the box, as soon as they feel contact they lift off.
I have siad it before a poor tradesman blames his tools.
Posted via Mobile Device

You have to sit back on the box mate - thats the whole point of box squating.

I agree and disagree with Andy.

If a lifter is well balanced, ie core strength, quads and PC equally strong, then all he needs to really do is squat. This lifter will ideally have great leverages as well, not long shins etc.

these lifters, while not rare, are not the only kind that like to squat. I quite often get a lifter who has done no PC work, he is quad dominant and his PC gets no stimulation while squatting.

Thinking he will improve his squat simply by squatting is idiotic by definition.

The more common ailment I get though is the Accordian squatter, he literally folds in half as he descends.

Surely no one on here thinks that all this guy needs to do to improve his squat is squat.

I dont even allow these guys to squat at PTC, well not back squats anyway.

That's another topic M.
Which I think has been covered, not everyone can squat- just tell Manute Bol to squat!
Google images manute bol.

I don't want to be dragged into an argument of the virtues of box squatting as a tool to improve the squat, let's just agree to disagree :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I think if u told manute bol to squat he would need a custom rack to be able to unrack the bar from.... that dude is HUGE!