• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA are a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need to become an affiliate for ANOTHER federation, we have RAW comps right here, its up to lifters to get behind them.

Ignore the steroids, we do, Max has 4 National Records, we will have quite a cluster in 2 weeks at PTC.

We would have zero competing against equipped lifters at PA.

We are drug free, and we will set records at an untested federation. What more could you ask for?

I'd absolutely LOVE to see you lift at the NSW CAPO state titles next year Oli, Raw (that doesnt sound right)

Here is a thought - if CAPO brought in a tested raw div and equip div - do u reckon PA could survive?

Oh, and CAPO was first, Wilks was voted out as President and he went off and started PA, I think its one of the reasons he was smashed by a CAPO member, they still laugh about it at CAPO meets.

He splintered powerlifting in Australia for incredibly selfish reasons, why would any body support the cancer?

Oh, and CAPO was first, Wilks was voted out as President and he went off and started PA, I think its one of the reasons he was smashed by a CAPO member, they still laugh about it at CAPO meets.

He splintered powerlifting in Australia for incredibly selfish reasons, why would any body support the cancer?

You should hear his story about why CAPO and PA came about/split - very funny lol

Here is a thought - if CAPO brought in a tested raw div and equip div - do u reckon PA could survive?

They would Joel because he is a weazel.

I'll tell you now Max doesnt give a f u c k if someone is using, I cant talk on here about some of the coversations he was privvy too at NSW, I asked him how he felt, he said he couldnt give a shit, he just wants too lift.

I know the truth about what happened, it has no bearing on the subject, he is trying to drive out the competition, a fed he was once president of, instead of encouraging guys to lift, he is banning them for lifting in a garage lol

Its a real shame that he is such a retard hopefully they will find someway of getting rid of him!

Iam excited to see CAPO grow though and will keep doing as much as I can to help this!

This is for young Oli.

A friend of mine is an exceptional lifter with PA. He too likes the IPF. For the last 2 years he has qualified for the junior worlds.

He doesnt bother going, knowing he absolutely has no chance of finishing anywhere. When I asked him why, he said they were juiced to the gills in Russia and other Eastern Block countries, where testing is not as prevalant as Australia, which is at a horrible standard any way, testing very few lifters.

So why compete at PA if you KNOW that its strongest lifters are juiced? This guy has been lifting for years and has done very well, but he will never compete overseas.

Max has only begun, he is only 2 years younger than this boy, yet because he has chosen to lift raw, he will qualify for the Worlds in Finland against other RAW lifters, who may or may not be on juice.

Which federation offers the better pathway to International Competition?

Lets concentrate on lifting in Australia. At the last Vic State titles they had 21 lifters, lets see how many CAPO get.

We'll let the lifters vote with their feet. I reckon there may be over 80 lifters at the Nats as well.

IPF isnt the best drugwise, it operates like any other sport - drug tests are performed on competitors 'at random' - eg the 14 year old girl and they 61 year old man on the day. Theres no way they can catch off season cycles, but its something. I certainly think its better than the untested feds - take the APF its dicusting.

I think the way 100% RAW operates is best - testing the top 3 competitors of each division. Still not 100% right but the results of the fed appear far more human in comparison to that of the IPF.

Even if we dont consider steroids theres other things - IPF is good in that its a very large fed and thus its competitive - theres none of the rocking up and setting a world record because nobody has ever competed in the weight class before. There wont be 'a trophy for everyone'.

Then theres technical rules - in the IPF you bench to your nipples or just a few centimeters below them. WPC from memory is 'anywhere above the belt'. lol.

I can see where your getting at though.

I think the most bs thing about suits is the expense - if you REALLY wanna win you're going to need to have custom made suits for each lift and replace your suits year to year so they maintain the elasticity - you'd be looking at well over $1K there. Its hardly a level playing field for the teenager who flips around a 2nd hand squat suit to deadlift in.

If I could be bothered competing (competitive sports have never really been something I've wanted to do, and uni has stalled my lifts for the last 2 months from constant assessments) I'd probably just compete in the IPF raw and accept the fact that whilst I get a decent wilks score i probably wont win anything, and as boring as it sounds in the drug infested, partial squat world of powerlifting the only lifter you can really compete against is yourself.

Last edited:
Oli, if you compete RAW, you will never qualify for a Nats.

As far as setting records because no one else rocked, great attitude, lucky the guys in the first comp didnt think like that.

In case your having a dig at Max and Blake, ponder this.

Max broke the EQUIPPED CAPO deadlift record RAW. Because he lifted in the RAW section, they cant give him that record as well.

He'll beat the equipped squat record as well, its only 180kg, he has already done 175kg, maybe 180 at the nats or states.

Over in PA, he is just short of their squat and deadlift equipped records.

Blake deadlifted 2kg shy of triple bodyweight without a belt, try that sometime.

You state you compete against yourself, then disregard a lifter setting a record because no one else competed.

All the rules mean diddly squat over at the IPF, THEY ALL WEAR EQUIPMENT.

If PA set up a RAW class..........they wont, their record boards will be empty too, whats your point.

CAPO has started RAW lifting from 2009, the boards will be chockers by August, will that please you.

Commenting on shallow records because nobody else came makes you look like a bit of a sook, which I'm sure your not, and seeing how you dont compete anywhere, you really have no idea what goes on.

Hope you compete one day Oli

I'm not having a dig at either of them, your sons lifts stand for themselves regardless of fed.

PA has already introduced a raw division in WA, i dont see why the fed wouldnt follow up.

Ring Wilks up and ask him.

I believe they are going to have to after the Vics. Then he will have egg on his face. I know someone close to him and he tells me Wilks doesnt rate raw and is not interested.

At the recent NSW titles CAPO had more raw lifters compete than PA had equipped lifters at the Vics. We will double it at the CAPO Vic titles.

Elite Physique is one of the premier powerlifting gyms in the country with some of the strongest lifters. I dont think they had one equipped lifter at the NSW titles.

Their 100kg class lifter went 255/185/280kg raw, really strong.

Once PA sees how many lifters enter the RAW section at CAPO, they will have to do a back flip and catch up.

It will be too late, most that wanted to lift raw have joined CAPO, all they can hope for will be existing lifters lifting raw. Its still a good thing, but it should have happened 2 years ago.

Seems to be a bit of a state thing going on here.

I'd consider competing in CAPO, as long as they allow belts and low bar squats.

Every federation allows belts, only Max, Blake and Tom (Elite Physique) didnt wear one from memory.

My wife Nina will wear one at the States. When she had twins (1997) she ripped her stomach, never had it repaired, she has distended stomach muscles, seperated down the middle. She doesnt train with one, but this week I made her wear one and she felt it helped her, so she'll be wearing one.

Bar position and stance is not regulated, PTC lifters aside, most used the traditional powerlifting set up.

See you in Albury next year Oli?

Every federation allows belts, only Max, Blake and Tom (Elite Physique) didnt wear one from memory.

My wife Nina will wear one at the States. When she had twins (1997) she ripped her stomach, never had it repaired, she has distended stomach muscles, seperated down the middle. She doesnt train with one, but this week I made her wear one and she felt it helped her, so she'll be wearing one.

Bar position and stance is not regulated, PTC lifters aside, most used the traditional powerlifting set up.

See you in Albury next year Oli?

everything looked fine until I read albury, lol!

Very central, had lifters from Bathurst, Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne.

Thirty lifters at a State Title is massive in Australia, not even those wankers at PA can do that, and they claim 4000 members lol

It truly is a great event Oli, you'll be absolutely hooked. Old school friendly lifting.

Run by lifters for lifters.

Very central, had lifters from Bathurst, Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne.

Thirty lifters at a State Title is massive in Australia, not even those wankers at PA can do that, and they claim 4000 members lol

It truly is a great event Oli, you'll be absolutely hooked. Old school friendly lifting.

Run by lifters for lifters.

will definitely consider it man.

I'm amazed at some of the absolute lies and slander in this thread.

Markos: who are the 2 PA members who were banned for lifting in your gym?

I enjoy lifting raw, and generally do when I compete in WA, but I also compete in equipped lifting. I don't really understand your view Markos that it has to be either or.

My reasons for choosing PA over CAPO ( my first comp in 2007 was with CAPO as that was the only WA comp available in 2007, we had 3 lifters at that state titles )

1) Drug testing. I'm not sure why PA was getting slammed for having 2 positives at last years nationals. Neither was for steriods, and at least 2 in each weight class were tested. The testing is done by ASADA
ASADA - Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority ( can't post the URL but I'm sure you guys can google ) , the same govt agency who tests all other sports in Australia

2) Depth of competition, I looked around and at the national level PA had and has more lifters and competitions, a great website with rankings for all weight classes. At the time I joined in 2007 raw didn't exist in any federation apart from VDFPA.
With PA I can also compete in NZ, and at Oceania level. No other countries in Oceania have any federations apart from IPF.

3) Rules enforced the same everywhere. Yes some judges are tougher than others, but the solution isn't to pack up your toys and go home.

Yes I'd like a raw section in PA, but that probably won't happen until the IPF recognizes raw. But to encourage competition in Perth I created some WA raw records, I'd like to see the same happen nationally, but it might take some time.

So why compete at PA if you KNOW that its strongest lifters are juiced?

Lets concentrate on lifting in Australia. At the last Vic State titles they had 21 lifters, lets see how many CAPO get.

Another outright lie. Who are these strongest lifters in PA who are juiced?
The top lifters in PA are tested regularly, in and out of competition.

Raymond Wong and Simon Chan.

Both rang me and told me personally, then asked for their names to be taken of my competition results and images removed. Raymond's hearing is on May the 15th.

I then recieved a phone call from some mysterious person the following morning seeking information about PTC comps.

Is that enough big fella, careful who you call a liar.

Simon Chan said to me that he wont go to the Worlds because the juniors in Europe lifting in the IPF, I never said PA, you did, are juiced.

Take it up with Simon, you know, the record keeper with PA.

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.