• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

FIFA World Cup 2010

Marzz

Well it's only 36 days till the biggest sporting event on earth rolls in to town again, this time from South Africa.

Who is following the World Cup, and what are your predictions.

My heart wants Italy to do it again (I have the Azzurri running in my blood) but I think this time it's heading back to Brazil.

I am also so happy the Socceroos are back again, but I think they are going to really struggle getting out of their group this time.

Discuss!

Well it's only 36 days till the biggest sporting event on earth rolls in to town again, this time from South Africa.

Who is following the World Cup, and what are your predictions.

My heart wants Italy to do it again (I have the Azzurri running in my blood) but I think this time it's heading back to Brazil.

I am also so happy the Socceroos are back again, but I think they are going to really struggle getting out of their group this time.

Discuss!

Italy, I must say I do have a soft spot for Italy and I certainly wish them all the very best. When I hear Italy, I think Volleyball Force.

This time Marzz, I wouldn't mind one of the African countries winning; they have some very talented players indeed.

PS: Nothing, I mean nothing ever beats watching the World Cup live, wouldn't you agree?!

Fadi.

Last edited:
England will tank once again (sorry mike). Maradonna will get his team all high on coke and Argentina will fail miserably. Australia will struggle getting out of their group. Frances team bus will be blown up by a group of unhappy Irish terrorists.

I like Spain they should go well if they do not tank like usual (kind of like NZ in the rugby world cup).
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I want the Roos to get out of their group, that would be awesome. If Rooney is fit, then England will be firing. Lampard over Gerard and I think England are a real chance. Brazil will be favourites of course.

Italy's problem is that Lippi (manager) is too reliant of players who did the job back in 2006. It's a very aging squad, and the fact that players like Miccoli, D'Agostino and Cassano aren't in the squad means that them old bones are going to have to stay fit for 1 month solid.

I would bet against an African team winning the WC once again Fadi, for the simple fact they are still not mentally capable. There is so much internal trouble in practically all African teams, which has been a trait for as long as they've been playing in world championships.

England don't have the bottle, and are relying on Stevie G, Rooney and Lampard. Rio is average at best and JT has had the worst season in recent memory. Plus you don't have a decent goalie.

Spain is in trouble with injuries to Torres, Xavi and Iniesta, but should still make the semis.

Brazil under Dunga are on fire. Robinho is back to his best since going back to Santos on loan, Maicon is the best in his position, and Melo seems to do so much better for the Selecao than his done for his club side (Juventus).

I'm actually going. Going to all Australian group stage games too. The first game vs Germany is my birthday! Going to be huge

I think Ghana has a great chance.
Posted via Mobile Device

For anyone that doesn't know, these are the 32 finalists;

Group A
  • South Africa
  • Uruguay
  • France
  • Mexico
Group B
  • Korea Republic
  • Argentina
  • Nigeria
  • Greece
Group C
  • England
  • United States
  • Slovenia
  • Algeria
Group D
  • Germany
  • Australia
  • Serbia
  • Ghana
Group E
  • Japan
  • Cameroon
  • Netherlands
  • Denmark
Group F
  • Italy
  • Paraguay
  • New Zealand
  • Slovakia
Group G
  • Korea DPR
  • Brazil
  • Portugal
  • Cote d'lvoire
Group H
  • Honduras
  • Spain
  • Chile
  • Switzerland
I only watch soccer when the world cup comes around. Go the Aussies!

But really I think Portugal will go all the way if they can make it through the group stages :)

Last edited:
Marzz said "England don't have the bottle, and are relying on Stevie G, Rooney and Lampard. Rio is average at best and JT has had the worst season in recent memory. Plus you don't have a decent goalie."

When you have not won a world cup for 44 years it is hard to argue they won't choke, they have made a habit of going out in crappy circumstances. And we do not have a good goal keeper, Steve Harper from Newcastle in the championship is probably the best but is not in the squad. However, their form is excellent, Lampard is in sensational form, Rooney is in even better form, Terry and Rio are solid and Capello has them playing very well. Can't wait, should be a great viewing, esp if Oz do well.

It's very possible England will finish 1st in their group and Australia will finish 2nd in there's. Imagine how epic that would be? Aus v eng in the 16. That's my final right there!
Posted via Mobile Device

Spain, all star team, cant believe noone mention them. group G matches is gonna be awesome

It's very possible England will finish 1st in their group and Australia will finish 2nd in there's. Imagine how epic that would be? Aus v eng in the 16. That's my final right there!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup spot on, that would be awesome, but I'm not sure where my loyalties would lie. At least one of them would get through to the next round. Certainly if Oz beat the Poms and sent them home it would almost be a public holiday, plus into the quarters. Couldn't see it though. Still if it happened, it would start the football equivalent of the Ashes.

Starts in about 30 mins.
I'm off to make a cup of green tea and watch it in bed, so when I fall asleep I'm already there.

hahahah

Attachments

• bye-bye-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000155-medium.gif
    bye-bye-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000155-medium.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 50
The Aussies did not play as a team, they're too used to being in different teams in European clubs. And some of them seem to think they're playing Aussie Rules, there are guys doing marks and being generally scrappy.

It's a shameful effort.

Deserved the loss, poor defence and bad tactics. Cahill was a bit unlucky for a straight red but it was a reckless challenge even if he tried to pull out.

Tiny New Zealand has showed a huge heart to equalise with World Champions Italy. I love my Italian brothers, but credit would have to be given where credit is due and my Kiwi brothers showed their Lion’s heart this afternoon.

Well done neighbours, well done!

New Zealand 1
Italy 1

Fadi.

The Kiwis deserved a win! Only the cheating Italian divers and the retarded ref made a draw out of that.