• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
In the book SSS, the term "super foods" were related to or described as natural food which is nutrient dense compared to other natural unprocessed foods.

My advice is stay away form food that is overly processed or extruded out of a farkin machine.

Go to any nutritional journal and look at the weekly studies that are churned out regarding phytochemicals.

Anyone can cherry pick a few studies especially from the alternative type journals.

You have to look at the overall picture.

Sadly it seems supplements very rarely live up to the hype.

Vitamin supplements are very rarely needed

Antioxidants, pre and probiotics supplements are of no real proven benefit.

Even fish oil supplementation fails to live up to the huge hype.

Eat mostly good food and take a vitamin supplement if you have a diagnosed deficiency. otherwise your pissing a lot of money away.

Anyone can cherry pick a few studies especially from the alternative type journals.

You have to look at the overall picture.

Sadly it seems supplements very rarely live up to the hype.

Vitamin supplements are very rarely needed

Antioxidants, pre and probiotics supplements are of no real proven benefit.

Even fish oil supplementation fails to live up to the huge hype.

Eat mostly good food and take a vitamin supplement if you have a diagnosed deficiency. otherwise your pissing a lot of money away.

The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition hardly an alternate journal.

Thank you n00bs. I think I've got everything you've mentioned well covered right here with these two products which I take everyday:

Ef9U.jpg
Paradise Herbs, ORAC-Energy Greens, 12.8 oz (364 g) - iHerb.com

and this my favourite taken with apple juice:

41ZAeFTqtoL._SL500_.jpg

Amazing Grass, Organic Wheat Grass Powder, 17 oz - iHerb.com

You can also buy the wheat grass from Woolies.

In addition to the above two, I can not but have my carrot juice the equivalent to a kilo of carrots a day plus other goodies.

Fadi.
Fadi do you still take this stuff? I ordered some to try it as I have stomach problems because of to much stomach acid. Anyway do you take both products in a glass of apple juice? I tried it this afternoon, 1 scoop of wheat grass + 1 scoop Orac energy greens mixed in 300mls of apple juice and what a disgusting taste it is. Thanks for sharing these products and ill let you guys know how it goes over the next few weeks.

Fadi do you still take this stuff?
No I don't. Here's what I do now:

Spinach Power
50g baby spinach leaves
1 medium banana
water
2g stevia powder

Kiwi magic
2 medium kiwi fruits
25g baby spinach leaves
1/4 avocado
water
2g stevia powder

The above was the green machines. There's the red machines where strawberries and other red goodies go in. You're only limited by your imagination, so go explore the world of home made natural smoothies for a power packed vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and polyphenols.

All the very best to you and good health.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi I dont think I could drink this stuff for months on end because of the taste so when I run out ill try some smoothies like the ones you posted.

Fadi do you still take this stuff? I ordered some to try it as I have stomach problems because of to much stomach acid. Anyway do you take both products in a glass of apple juice? I tried it this afternoon, 1 scoop of wheat grass + 1 scoop Orac energy greens mixed in 300mls of apple juice and what a disgusting taste it is. Thanks for sharing these products and ill let you guys know how it goes over the next few weeks.

Don't know about the wheat grass but I have been taking the orac. Energy greens for a while. I have it with approx 200ml sugar free cordial

Don't know about the wheat grass but I have been taking the orac. Energy greens for a while. I have it with approx 200ml sugar free cordial
Thanks ill have to give that a try. The wheat grass taste just as yuck as the orac energy.

My personal choice is Vital Greens which is a product of Australia.

Also love my masticating juicer as it produces a lot less waste then the centifuge type juicer and can juice leafy veggies like kale and live wheat grass shoots great for a shot of sunshine.

Taste????
Chucked a spoonful in cordial = very little taste and mixed quite well.
On it's own or in water it probably would taste like shit.
The same stuff is available in capsule form but powder worked out better value.

2 weeks on my super greens mix and no colds or flu. Everyone around me is sniffly or sore throat.
Managed to get my sister into it on the weekend, she has the worst immune system around. Will be interesting to see what it does for her.

2 weeks and no flu it must be the greens.

I've haven't had a cold for 12 months +, must be the ice cream I've been eating.

Imagine ice cream and greens mixed together.

Last edited: