• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ive started having Morlife Alkalising Greens powder in the morning since Saturday, Im actually pretty dubious it will do anything but I'll see how it goes. It kind of tastes like cold green tea?

My wife has been hearing a lot about the Alkaline diet lately -yes I know, any diet with a name should be ignored completely- but i didn't think it could hurt to have some green drink in my diet.

I don't believe diet can change the bodies PH levels (except for the urine) due to the bodies homeostasis function however if green drinks mean the body doesn't have to work as hard to maintain homeostasis then Im all for it. And if it helps offset all the acidity in the animal products I consume then I'm all for that too :)

If I start feeling better than I already did then I'll let you know.

Oh, and Fadi, Im on the lebanese cucumbers too :)

Last edited:
Oh, and Fadi, Im on the lebanese cucumbers too :)
As you've hinted to it Hirdy, it's all about taxing the body less, which means more energy in the long run. Have acidic causing food and sure enough your body will compensate (with its skeleton) to bring back homeostasis. Have you considered vegetable juices such as a mixture of carrots and celery? All are amazing at offsetting the acidic bodybuilding diet. In any case, bravo!

Fadi.

These look all natural and healthy, I was just wondering if there are any side effects to them? Can you have too much of a good thing etc?.

Apologies for what maybe a stupid question.

Thank you n00bs. I think I've got everything you've mentioned well covered right here with these two products which I take everyday:

Ef9U.jpg
Paradise Herbs, ORAC-Energy Greens, 12.8 oz (364 g) - iHerb.com

and this my favourite taken with apple juice:

41ZAeFTqtoL._SL500_.jpg

Amazing Grass, Organic Wheat Grass Powder, 17 oz - iHerb.com

You can also buy the wheat grass from Woolies.

In addition to the above two, I can not but have my carrot juice the equivalent to a kilo of carrots a day plus other goodies.

Fadi.

These look all natural and healthy, I was just wondering if there are any side effects to them? Can you have too much of a good thing etc?.

Aaron,just becareful ordering the first procuct. A member here (possibly sticky I can't remember) had it consfiscated by customs due to having camu camu or similar.

And yes as far as having too much, you can have too much water you know so...

A drink of baby spinach leaves, half an avacado, a banana, water, and some vanilla WPI with couple of grams of stevia powder really rocks from every point of view. Give it a try. For a differnt taste, swap the banana (which is ultra expensive these days) for a kiwi. But be prepared for some lips itchiness due to the strong protein digestive enzyme in kiwi (similar to raw pineapples).

To your good health, cheers.
Fadi.

As you've hinted to it Hirdy, it's all about taxing the body less, which means more energy in the long run. Have acidic causing food and sure enough your body will compensate (with its skeleton) to bring back homeostasis. Have you considered vegetable juices such as a mixture of carrots and celery? All are amazing at offsetting the acidic bodybuilding diet. In any case, bravo!

Fadi.

Thanks for the recommendation Fadi. We don't have a juicer at home, but we are eating lots of carrots and celery too and intend to keep it up.

thanks again

Aaron,just becareful ordering the first procuct. A member here (possibly sticky I can't remember) had it consfiscated by customs due to having camu camu or similar.
Fadi.

Is camu camu bad for you in some way? Why was it confiscated ?

I've ordered that product 3 times and haven't had any problems. I've even received the little slip saying its been checked by quarantine... maybe its a matter of quantity? I order them 1 at a time.

Is iHerb expensive?

For example, 10lb Optimum Gold is nearly $120, compared to $85 on bodybuilding.com (note I don't use this, just wanted to compare like with like).

I understand they have quite a generous rewards program, so it seems like there is a loading factor included in the price to cater for this.

I received the goods today, took 3 weeks.

would universal animal pak cover most of this?

Don't waste your money on animal pack.

Really there is no such thing as a superfood. It's all marketing bullshit to get you to buy more shit you don't need.

Just eat a range of whole foods, enough fruit and veg and you will be fine. If you want do ease your mind a cheap multi from the supermarket wont to any harm, probably won't do anything either tho.

Don't waste your money on animal pack.

Really there is no such thing as a superfood. It's all marketing bullshit to get you to buy more shit you don't need.

Just eat a range of whole foods, enough fruit and veg and you will be fine. If you want do ease your mind a cheap multi from the supermarket wont to any harm, probably won't do anything either tho.

I agree supermarket multi won't do anything.

Greens are good, Green Superfoods are even better! Green superfoods have the highest concentrations of easily digestible nutrients, fat burning compounds, vitamins and minerals to protect and heal the body. They contain a wide array of beneficial substances including proteins, protective photo-chemicals and healthy bacteria helping you to build cleaner muscles and tissues, aid your digestive system function and more effectively protect you against disease and illness.[/COLOR]

Green superfoods are extremely rich in chlorophyll - the pigment that gives plants their green color. The molecular structure of chlorophyll is very similar to that of human blood and studies show that when this is consumed, the production of hemoglobin in blood is increased. Higher amounts of hemoglobin in the bloodstream means more oxygen-rich blood, the first and most important element that cells need to thrive.

From your first post.

I would love to see the science that proves some of this. This sounds like like one of the biggest loads of woo I have have ever heard.

Gives you cleaner muscles. Lol

Go to any nutritional journal and look at the weekly studies that are churned out regarding phytochemicals.