• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Corked thigh

brendon

from MX riding yesterday after having a decent offround the track i have a corked thigh.. its painful and have a limp when i walk there is plenty of point pain. also quad hurts a lot up and down the full length and swelling...
i have been icing a few times each day and doing nothing on it.. any pointers for treatment? should i go see a physio or someone for massage or for electro treatment to help break up the blood forming in the muscle?

edit: the other thing is could have i torn the muscle? my knee brace saved my knee but it transfers the impact elsewhere. unfortuneatley to my thigh. i have a curved mark about 6cm on thigh in shape of knee brace. could of hte impact tore the muscle coz thats where it hurts most, directly on the mark

tips or advice anyone?

Last edited:
Don't get massage it will just ruin all the healing that is going on. Ice compression and anti inflammatories will reduce inflamation. I would suggest going to a physio and having them check it out if it is still really bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd go to the emergency at the hospital and get an ultra sound.
Muscle tears can be from stress, impact or both.

If you tore it there will be a big gap that shows up as an empty space on the ultrasound.

When I blew out my hamstring racing 4th class kids, there was a 4cm long rip which was 2cm wide. Mid Muscle / not near tendons.

It took 8 weeks of physio etc to get functional.

BEst of luck. This is very painful.

Follow Daves advice until you get ultrasound.

from MX riding yesterday after having a decent offround the track i have a corked thigh.. its painful and have a limp when i walk there is plenty of point pain. also quad hurts a lot up and down the full length and swelling...
i have been icing a few times each day and doing nothing on it.. any pointers for treatment? should i go see a physio or someone for massage or for electro treatment to help break up the blood forming in the muscle?

edit: the other thing is could have i torn the muscle? my knee brace saved my knee but it transfers the impact elsewhere. unfortuneatley to my thigh. i have a curved mark about 6cm on thigh in shape of knee brace. could of hte impact tore the muscle coz thats where it hurts most, directly on the mark

tips or advice anyone?

I do kyokushin karate that is notorious for its cork inducing low kicks. All Ive ever done for a cork is ice and rest it for a few days and gradually get back into light exercise. This can still take weeks to heal and is gonna hurt a lot more before it gets better unfortunately.

If its joint damage or a torn muscle see a physio. Dont risk it