• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you have numbness, tingling in the fingers, lips or toes?

O

OutOfControl

How much tuna do you consume? I am curious.

How much do you eat in 1 week?

How big are the cans?

How long have you been doing this for?

I was reading some more of this site and noticed one person who eats like 6 tins of tuna a day. Every single day. The recommended serving is something like 2-3 servings per week. Depending on who you ask.

42 cans per week compared to the recommended 3 servings. (150grams per serving):eek:

Surely eating 39 more servings than recommended is dangerous? Has anyone ever had their blood mercury levels checked or experienced mercury poisoning? Do people realise what the symptoms are?

Has anyone ever had a blood mercury test? Out of curiosity i would love to see the results from someone eating that much tuna.

I wonder if some people are suffering from over-exposure to mercury and don't even realise it, because the symptoms could be written off as something else?

Last edited:
Hi boyfromaus. Are those ways proven via Australian Doctors and stuff... or just like "home remedies". Because i haven't seen that type of info on the proper government type websites talking about fish intake.

I'm going to eat 7-14 cans of tuna per week over an extended period of time. That's why i'm researching it. Not trying to lecture anyone here ( i am in no position to do that ).

How long have you been eating 5 cans per week for? Years?

Hi boyfromaus. Are those ways proven via Australian Doctors and stuff... or just like "home remedies". Because i haven't seen that type of info on the proper government type websites talking about fish intake.

I'm going to eat 7-14 cans of tuna per week over an extended period of time. That's why i'm researching it. Not trying to lecture anyone here ( i am in no position to do that ).

How long have you been eating 5 cans per week for? Years?

Well Tuna has always been a staple for me.. I just loved the different flavors etc. except for the last 2 years, i stick to 200g plain Tuna a day.

I haven't seen Australian Government approve of Mercury detox methods but then again Aus Govt. seems to be a bit lost on healthy dieting (considering they recommend 12 serves of bread a day).

Garlic has always been known to promote Mercury oxidation due to its sulphur / sulfite content (which then makes the mecury water soluble and hence excretable through urine). But I don't know how effective it is since i haven't seen any papers on it.

How much tuna do you consume? I am curious.

How much do you eat in 1 week?

I was reading some more of this site and noticed one person who eats like 6 tins of tuna a day. Every single day. The recommended serving is something like 2-3 servings per week. Depending on who you ask.

42 cans per week compared to the recommended 3 servings. (150grams per serving):eek:

Surely eating 39 more servings than recommended is dangerous? Has anyone ever had their blood mercury levels checked or experienced mercury poisoning? Do people realise what the symptoms are?

Has anyone ever had a blood mercury test? Out of curiosity i would love to see the results from someone eating that much tuna.

I wonder if some people are suffering from over-exposure to mercury and don't even realise it, because the symptoms could be written off as something else?

4 cans per day in summer when cutting... two for morning tea, and two for afternoon tea. I may even have fish for lunch or dinner on top of that..

That's really interesting BoyfromAus, garlic is so good. I was watching masterchef the other night and they cooked garlic cloves in milk. I think the idea was to get the strong flavour out? Then it was served on a plate of baby vegetables. I'm assuming the clove of garlic could be eaten as is if they put it on the plate of vegetables.

I might try it and see if i can eat it haha. They said to use the garlic milk to make mashed potato, or turn it into a sauce because of the flavour...

Craft1010... so you eat 28 cans of tuna a week. That's a fair bit. Do you worry about the mercury at all?

I eat 5 cans of 125g tuna slices in springwater a week.. I make a garden salad and chuck one can in it and have it for lunch.

shit sorry we were wrong, please consume no more then 1 serving of eggs/meat/poultry per day..

no more then 3 servings of fish per week.

and please consume 9 servings of grains daily!

Also remember to go for a walk and buy an ab king pro...

Lets not worry about what obesity is doing to your health now will we.

WTF are you talking about n00bs? Who is the "we" that is wrong? I have been trying to work the fish thing out for a long time. It has nothing to do with anything you have said.

I can be fat and still talk about the impact of certain foods. You are being ridiculous.

Hissssssssssssss!!

Meow

Rawrrrrrrrrr!!

What's wrong with a little healthy debate. Hahaha. As long as you can get over it and move along?

Fadi i am a fan of juices, once you taste home made juice.. then you taste V8 juice and other store juices and you think "what the hell is this?" lol. I haven't used my juicer lately because it's a pain to clean.

I'm eating 14 tins a week at the moment (95g). You can always eat sardines instead if your worried about mercury. The smaller the fish the lower the content.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am very worried because both Doctors and Naturopaths say the same thing regarding tuna. DRS and Naturopaths don't agree on much. (Well only modern doctors dare work with naturopaths).

I have googled my arse off about this topic and it always leads me to bodybuilders. It appears you guys eat lots of tuna. It can cause birth defects so that is serious to me.

I couldn't stomach sardines lol. I am really interested in how mercury is hurting people. The signs aren't even obvious so you might not even know you have mercury poisoning. Not trying to be alarmist. I don't care what anyone does.

I also believe that people won't change based on my beliefs. People always have a justification for what they do. Like smokers "my unlce smoked until he was 90". So really it doesn't matter what i say about tuna.

I'd really just like to know for myself. How much tuna people eat, for how long, and are they ok.

We are fine, is there is free radical damage im sure the 6000mg of vitamin c i take a day will negate the bad effects of a miniscule amount of a possible heavy metal..

I would bemore concerned about aspartame consumption...