• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Government knows best for health!

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
http://www.health.gov.au/internet/healthyactive/publishing.nsf/Content/male-19-30

Healthy Eating Guidelines for men aged 19–30 years

The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating recommends the following servings per day:
  • 6–12 servings from the bread, cereals, rice, pasta, noodles group
An example of one serve is 2 slices of bread; 1 medium bread roll; 1 cup of cooked rice, pasta or noodles; or 1 1/3 cup of breakfast cereal flakes.

sO 24 SLICES OF BREAD A DAY IS OK? OH THATS GOOD NEWS!

sO 24 SLICES OF BREAD A DAY IS OK? OH THATS GOOD NEWS!
drooling_homer-712749.png

does government think we're fukn livestock needing to be fattened... wtf 12 servings of bread

I have this argument everyday.

Right now i am doing an assignmenti will probably fail because i have gone against government reccomendations..

Reccomendations are 100mg of meat a day ONLY OR 2 small eggs..

Check the govt line on "Bodybuilding"

<H3>Bodybuilding
Body image can be an important concern for young men. Many young men want to 'bulk up' (build muscle bulk) to fit a perceived image of the perfect body type. They may resort to taking supplements and protein powders believing that more protein means more muscle. It is not quite as simple as that. In fact the ability to build muscle requires:
  • a certain genetic makeup —the ability to build muscle bulk depends in a large part on genetic potential. Some people will never look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, no matter what they do.
  • weight training—muscles will grow if stimulated regularly by lifting heavy weights or many repetitions of lifting lighter weights .
  • a high energy diet—you need more carbohydrate and more protein to make muscles grow. Muscles need carbohydrate as fuel for training.
However, only a small amount of extra protein is required for a body builder. For the general population 1 g of protein per kg of body weight is recommended as part of a balanced diet. Strength athletes and bodybuilders may need up to 1.5 g of protein per kg bodyweight. A well-balanced diet can provide the extra protein that your body needs to build muscle. But it has to be well-balanced because many high protein foods (e.g. meat, dairy foods) can also have a high fat content. Many strength athletes and bodybuilders have diets that are too high in fat for good health, and too high in protein as well.

Protein supplements and bars do provide extra protein, but are expensive. The additional protein in them is usually far in excess of the body's requirements and can result in excess fat being stored by the body. A healthy balanced diet is in most cases, quite adequate for people undertaking weight training or bodybuilding. Make an appointment with a qualified dietitian instead. It might save you money in the long run, improve your health and could give you the edge if you are planning on competing.

Many foods contain both protein and carbohydrate, and are useful for recovery after training:

Food

Protein (g/100 g)

Carbohydrate (g/100 g)

Bread9–1340-50Breakfast cereals, e.g. Muesli1253Low fat milk3.56Low fat yoghurt513Peas66 - 14Haricot beans813Lentils710
</H3>

Reccomendations are 100mg of meat a day ONLY OR 2 small eggs..

Serious? I had 2 eggs this morning for breakfast. Guess the rest of my meals ought to be vegetarian then!

Cos that'd be reallllly healthy...

My question is when did the government become an expert on anything? they are supposed to provide the basics to provide the minimum of health needs.

They also like to put out recommended daily intakes but then forget to mention to people that this is the MINIMUM recommended daily intake to keep you running.

You're a fat bastard nick, go do some long distance cardio and eat some carbohydrates and minimal protein and fat to lose weight.

You're a fat bastard nick, go do some long distance cardio and eat some carbohydrates and minimal protein and fat to lose weight.

haha my dr told me this today, i went in for somemore tests as i am having bad toruble with fat gain i have put on 2kg in the sotmach area alone, i know its stomach because the rest of me is lean i just look like im carrying a ababy.. Anyway i wanted to get my thyroid properly checked they only checked tsh level that is the signalling hormone for the thyroid this level was good 2.6 or something, the dr then said they never check t3 t4 unless there is something wrong with this level.

I thought, thats funny.. My Lh and FSH levels are normal yet my tetsosterone is 0... So by that theory my LH and FSH are fine so my tetsosterone is fine...

Instead of getting the tests i wanted done i got a reccomendaiton to a phsyciatrist and betta blockers to stop anxiety about such things..

Have you tried just telling him, straight out and flat out, i want these tests done to be sure. He is providing you a service if he does not do these things for you make an ultimatum and then if that fails find a new doc. He will capitulate its no time off of his back and he gets paid by you to check results etc and does not lose a patient.

Have you tried just telling him, straight out and flat out, i want these tests done to be sure. He is providing you a service if he does not do these things for you make an ultimatum and then if that fails find a new doc. He will capitulate its no time off of his back and he gets paid by you to check results etc and does not lose a patient.

No because that would be like teeling markos to 12 servings of bread a day and do situps..

I major in ancient history (primarily greek and roman and I'm directing it to studies of everyday life).

What makes this interesting is that grain has been a central food of populations for thousands of years, since the romans would organise a grain supply for the city (or at least subsidise it).

seems that not much has changed.

I major in ancient history (primarily greek and roman and I'm directing it to studies of everyday life).

What makes this interesting is that grain has been a central food of populations for thousands of years, since the romans would organise a grain supply for the city (or at least subsidise it).

seems that not much has changed.

They didnt have refrigeration... or woolies..

The US guidelines are being reviewed this year as well, but they won’t be changing much because (according to Meir Stampfer, a Harvard professor of nutrition and epidemiology who worked on the 2000 guidelines) scientists on this year's committee know perfectly well what the evidence says, but few researchers want to shake the status quo or risk confusing the public.

Politics.

Taken from you Sweet Poison author Noobs.