• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's your best method for fat loss?

My fattest female client ever weighed 143kg.

Her sister weighed 135kg

Want to guess what her sister did for a living?

Dietician.

Her bother also trained with me, he is only 125kg.

They came to me falsely thinking that exercise will make them skinny.

Theyre no longer here, but their still very fat.

Emotion, discipline, knowledge. These are they key factors. I didnt learn this from a book or course, simply by experience.

Heh, I was discussing Markos' diet (from Newsletter #37), that I've been following for 4 months and lost 6kg of fat, with two female friends who are both dieticians (one working, one just finished uni and looking for a job). They both trash your diet, Markos. :p I won't get into details, but there I was standing in front of them with real results, and the two girls: one is overweight, one is heading towards anorexia.

I work with scientists and really don't have a high opinion of those who only have degrees & theories but no practical result.

What did they say, summary please. I have a friend in my course who did a dietetics degree, he thinks it was shit and contradictory.

What do you guys like to do for optimal fat loss? Exercise wise, macronutrient wise, supplement wise and so on.

Personally I like HIIT and walking exercise wise. Between 10 to 30 seconds work and up to 60 seconds rest depending on work time, fitness level etc. I also like to go fully to the other spectrum and walk my dog 30 to 60 minutes a day performing my upperbody stretching and shoulder mobility exercises during the walk.

Let's here your ideas...
Posted via Mobile Device

My training remains the same; FB every second day, walking on the off days.
NO sugar at all, no fruit, no bread or milk.
Phsylium.
This seem to do it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I followed Markos' advice and cut starchy carbs entirely out of my diet. My carbs all come from fruits & veggies. I also eat a lot of meat, fish & eggs (well, a lot compared to your average joe, not that much compared to strength athletes, 3000~3500 cals a day). They said that my not eating enough carbs and eating too much meat will lead to all kinds of bad things that I can't remember, despite the fact that I've lost a fair amount of fat & am stronger & fitter than I've ever been in my life.

Sorry I can't remember much details. Once they got into big science words, I kinda tuned out. Hard to take people's dietary & exercise advices seriously when they can't even take care of their own bodies.

Yep, funny that. Markos' food plan may not be perfect but I would like to see their ideas, maybe 30grams of protein per day for you and 7million grams carbs, all from a wholegrain sources though.

Why is it not perfect, because it eliminates processed food?

It relies on the food that Mother Nature provides.

Its also for hard training athletes, not fat slobs or poindexters.

They do realise it comes out of a strength based gym , right.Where protein requirements are MUCH higher than the average person.

Maybe they should get their clients to pose next to Max or Nina, then we can have an open forum lol, a picture would paint a thousand words

Do they still use the food pyramid? lol, or the BMI index?

The food pyramid is actually upside down, it was devised before refrigerated travel, so grains being easier to transport get the larger slice.

Dieticians, cant live with them, pass the beer nuts

Nothing wrong with eliminating process foods, nothing is perfect you answered the question yourself, its for athletes not poindexters if it was perfect people could easily live with it, it would be hard for most. Hard for most means not perfect, if we removed all other shit from the world then it would get closer.

Yep, funny that. Markos' food plan may not be perfect but I would like to see their ideas, maybe 30grams of protein per day for you and 7million grams carbs, all from a wholegrain sources though.

Aahaha you seem to know the rubbish they spew at these things...

I am constantly argueing with lecturers, they say to me im a 1st year nutrition student what would i know, i say enough to deadlift 200kg with the hormones of my grandad :D

So unless you have a good nutritionist who has half a brain and does his own reserach not just the shit that is dirbbled to them in uni you will not suceed...

Its like finding a good mechenic or a good dr...

I have to do an assesement due on thursday i have to analyse 2 peoples diets and life styles and give advice to them (and wait for it) back everyone of my theories with scientific evidence...

So i cant say deadlift squat and eat less shit because unless i can find a scientific study relating to that i can not use it.. This is the sort of shit i have to put up with.

I cant exactly say deadlift squat drink 4 L of protein (referece max ptc frankston 2010) as much as i want to. :p

Fact is half the people in my class are weirdo surry hills folk who snort coke and smoke a pack a day but are vegans and have weirdo hippy tatoos and ripped cut up pink singlets with high top dirty chucktaylors... :eek: tofu is good and eggs have feelings winge winge winge..

/rant

Why is it not perfect, because it eliminates processed food?

It relies on the food that Mother Nature provides.

Its also for hard training athletes, not fat slobs or poindexters.

They do realise it comes out of a strength based gym , right.Where protein requirements are MUCH higher than the average person.

Maybe they should get their clients to pose next to Max or Nina, then we can have an open forum lol, a picture would paint a thousand words

Do they still use the food pyramid? lol, or the BMI index?

The food pyramid is actually upside down, it was devised before refrigerated travel, so grains being easier to transport get the larger slice.

Dieticians, cant live with them, pass the beer nuts

Actually markos we have " the plate" now lol they ditched the pyrimid.. i think america still uses it but it has been revised...

Yes they still teach us the BMI however they sate for athletes it is not applicable.. My point to the lecturer was " do you think we need this to tell if someone is fat?" i think its fairly obviously to tell just form the health and by looking at someone use your ****ing eyes and brain!

apparently they have some BAI VLA test now where they hook you up to some machine and apparently it tells you your metabolic rate how % of muscle % of fat % of fluid and then it gives youa break down of what to eat in a day /fat /carbs / protein... all simply from having a current of electricty run through you :rolleyes:

The rep came into class the other week trying to sell it to us for your practices when we finish i found it funny.. Since when do you need a machine to tell if someone is fat?

Last edited:
Calm down noobs, i am reading the american council of sports medicine: resources for the personal trainer and I am assessed on it tomorrow... yeah there is some good information on coaching and special populations and exercise but the workout programming is so basic and the exercises listed are terrible, freaking machine work, pec deck, a I SHIT YOU NOT quarter squat being used for the squat description. Go figure that out. They even have the evidence for half of this shit not to be in there but it still is.

Pictures tell a story far better, but here is the story with the pics.

I figured I would put up a little bit of a before and after, this seems like a pretty good place to do it.

I had always wanted to join the Navy, but they don't let fatties in, so I had to do something about it. I started training by myself in a local gym, I lost maybe 4kg over a few months and that was about it. I didn't really understand the concept of 'diet'.

I first visited Markos in August 2008 where I learned HEAPS, from just talking to him and the PTC newsletters. However I shortly fell off the PTC bandwagon. I won't make an excuse as to why, but simply because I wasn't willing to commit to the 2 hour round trip. However I still put into practice everything I learned at my own gym, and in my diet.

Here is what happened:

This pic would have been taken in early-mid 2008

lol1.jpg

This is me in February 2010 at a bucks party in Brisbane (please don't mind the glasses):

bucks2.jpg

In my first picture I would have weighed somewhere around the 135kg mark, it really is quite embarrassing to talk about. In the after pictures, I am about 92kg. I'm certainly not ripped or sporting some washboard abs, but I can tie my own shoelaces quite comfortably now. But the best part is that I now have an enlistment date to join the navy. I leave on the 31st of May, and couldn't be happier.

Thanks Markos.

- Beau

I have nothing left to add.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

He recently posted this on ns.com, I thought I would post it up here to show those dipshit dieticians how avoiding processed foods is bad for you, its certainly harmed Beau.

He's lost half of himself lol

Look, dieticians are simply trying to justify their jobs.

Of course they dont want people simply eating natural unprocessed food, what would they then do for a job.

Eating, like lifting, is not that complicated. It would be extremely difficult to become obese, as Beau was, on the food provided by Mother Nature.

Eating and lifting simply needs to be stripped back. Stick with 10 basic exercises, rotate them,continually add weight, only eat what runs, swims or flys, is green and grows out of the ground.

I would be extremely surprised if EVERYONE couldnt harden up by simply doing this.

Anybody, in any profession, including me, will try and justify their job. By a dietician claiming that my nutrition advice was poor, confirmed their ignorance. Its like a PT saying that you need to do isolation work to build muscles and justifying lying on a Swiss ball flapping your arms around.

I dont hide behind complicated theories or advanced nutrition and exercise advice.

Anybody claiming we need anything other than what Nature provides is a top class moron.