• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Haha.

In all seriousness, what are your strength goals Nick?

At the moment it's squat 240, deadlift 280 and bench 160.

Long term I don't really know. I'd be happy to just keep enjoying my training, keep getting stronger and help out the newer lifters.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nick is on the 240kg squat program. Tonight he had to triple 192.5kg.

He did it so easily that he may have to revise his goal.

To watch him do 425lb x 3, rock bottom full squats without a belt so comfortably was amazing.

We can all find numbers from powerlifters that suggest Nicks squats werent that impressive.

You would need to see how pure he squats to understand. He could change his style to wide stance, low bar, nose bleed "parallel" squats and get bigger numbers, but I'm glad he chooses to squat properly.

An update on how lifters are going on the program.

Nick deadlifted 225kg x 3 on his 280kg program.

Alen completed week 4 of his 110kg program, then did pause benching for assistance work, where he managed to bench 110kg lol. Max is on the same program and he pause benched 100kg for assistance.

Alen may need to go up midway seeing he hit his goal in 4 weeks.

Everyone else is going along smoothly.

Many failed lifts thus far Markos? If so, at what week do people generally come unstuck?

No dramas so far.

Tonight, Dimi squatted 100kg x 3......she is a girl, her PB before the program was 100kg x 1

Annie is doing the 90kg squat program, she has (had) a PB of 85kg.

She is on week 3, but tonight we tried to sort out her opener, the comp is 3 weeks away.

She squatted 92.5kg. She has moved up to the 100kg squat program and did week 3 today.

Alen has jumped from the 220kg deadlift to the 230kg deadlift. He did week 5 easily today. He is also moving from the 110kg bench to the 120kg. He pause benched 110kg after week 4 of his 110kg bench program.

These guys are getting stronger quicker than they anticipated.

James and Dim had no problem with the 200kg deadlift program tonight.

if someone were to bench twice a week would they just do the next week on the extra day(therefor the program finishes in 5 weeks) or would they do heavy assistance work on the extra day?

and if they do the 5 week option would it be smarter to lower the goal 1rm by 2.5-5kg?

i'll probably just experiment but wanted to know if you had any options and opinions.

The twice a week bench specialization program is done, but I wont release it until its tested.

I'd say experiment for now, see how it goes

I have started the program its awsome def reccomend to anyone who has hit a plateu or wants to get stronger..

yeah im gonna try it out and "hopefully" stick to it for the duration. been a a fukwit latley and just grinding the gears when im at the gym. :rolleyes:

Just started this a couple weeks ago too.

Nice and simple.
Another week or 2 and it will be the longest I have ever stuck any program.
Looking forward to actually getting some solid measurable results for the first time in my training life.

Just started this a couple weeks ago too.

Nice and simple.
Another week or 2 and it will be the longest I have ever stuck any program.
Looking forward to actually getting some solid measurable results for the first time in my training life.

Shit really?

I stuck to myorigonal program markos gave me for like the last 1 and a half years..

:p

Program sent Ceff.

We are having lots of success in the gym with this program as well.

Last night Simmo squatted 145kg, his PB was 130kg when he started

Nick squatted 205kg x 3, he had 5 in him

Max, Alen and Dave all made 165kg x 3, that pissed Max off after his missed 170kg at the NSW states

Dimi squatted 105kg, her PB was 100kg

All 17 lifters from PTC competing at the Vics will restart the program leading into the Nats. we have 13 weeks between comps. We will reset our 1RM depending on the comp and start again. The timing was off for the states, most will only be halfway through unfortunately, although nobody has got weaker doing it.

I also have the bench specialization ready. It will be tested at PTC by those that train 4 times a week only.

If succesful I will release it, if not I will make adjustments.

Glad to see you guys have direction in the gym, going through the journals it appears you have all grasped the concept of progressive resistance

Nick squatted 205kg x 3, he had 5 in him

thanks PTC :)

now thing is i train in a fitness gym not a gym such as ptc (where u dont even have to physc yourself up. You just look at the other guys lifting small mountains).

On this program a road block i can see is the mental aspect when im near my 5 rep limit and KNOW that particular day i had more in me (diet/sleep was on money) I would not go and push the extra 1-2 reps?

How do u get around this from a coaching point of view?

Dont do anymore than is required on the day, regardless of how you feel. Its an 11 week journey, no rush.

The mental aspect of your surroundings your going to have to overcome.

Part of completing this program successfully is doing whats required outside the gym, sleep, rest and eat.

There are so many now doing this. Anyone that fails where others succeed has stuffed up somewhere along the line, from starting weight to not eating enough to recover. Thats too be expected.

We are to learn from others and ourselves. I failed in the writing of the original program. I watched others and made adjustments.

the lifters will need to do the same. Plenty are posting in their journal, lots of inspiration there.

Good luck to all.