• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
True Autralian Angus Biltong
I am selling top quality Angus Biltong made the traditonal South African way.
I offer the lowest price on ebay. I dont use fancy packaging, I simply vacuum pack to ensure the freshness of my product. I can leave as little or as much fat on as you like, and as dry or as wet as you like.
Please note that the more you order the lower the price gets.
For orders over 2kg, it might take 7 days to prepare, however I normally can supply small amounts of biltong at a moments notice.

If you have any questions please don`t hesitate to call me on 0416 437 555

Just found it on ebay. $22.50 for 500gm. Gonna see how it goes. If good (100% feedback so far) then it'll be hard to beat for value.

damn, that is cheap.

you got a link for that? or email addy?

I just purchased it off ebay. Item # 260681764726 . So see if you can do a search on the item number to bring it up. Otherwise the seller is "hmocke". I asked them to do it the driest possible with the least amount of fat. If it turns out good I'll see what deals they do bulk. There is no more listed yet. They must list it one at a time at the moment. Looks like they've only just started up.

This has me very excited. It'd be hard to make it for that price unless you've got your own direct supply of meat straight from your own farm.

I just purchased it off ebay. Item # 260681764726 . So see if you can do a search on the item number to bring it up. Otherwise the seller is "hmocke". I asked them to do it the driest possible with the least amount of fat. If it turns out good I'll see what deals they do bulk. There is no more listed yet. They must list it one at a time at the moment. Looks like they've only just started up.

This has me very excited. It'd be hard to make it for that price unless you've got your own direct supply of meat straight from your own farm.

i just found it. the part about doing it as dry as you like with as little fat as you like is fantastic.

i agree, sounds great. driest with least amount of fat would be excellent value.

let us know how you go

But the wet tastes better. At that price, I think you can afford a little extra.

Going to try this. Best biltong I've ever had was in capetown. The middle was still pink and moist, no fat, seasoned to perfection.

But the wet tastes better. At that price, I think you can afford a little extra.

Going to try this. Best biltong I've ever had was in capetown. The middle was still pink and moist, no fat, seasoned to perfection.

All you do with the dry is actually let it sit in your mouth for a few seconds or so. Soaks up the moisture and is easy to chew. I need whatever incentive there is not to breath the stuff in. :D

Can't wait to see how much he would charge for 2kg or so. Then I'll probably try 5kg. That should last a few weeks. I'll have the best work snacks but the worst breath.

Got in touch with them this morning. They said 2kg or more would be $35 per kg. Next order will be 2kg if this order turns out okay. Anybody know of better value?

Got in touch with them this morning. They said 2kg or more would be $35 per kg. Next order will be 2kg if this order turns out okay. Anybody know of better value?

nope, that is amazing value if you ask me.

i am very interested to hear how you go.

any chance of getting a nutritional profile from them? some jerkys are very high in salt.

just FYI, micks jerky nutritionals:

Nutrient

Qty per 100g

Energy (kJ) 1568.20
Protein (g) 64.27
Fat, Total (g) 12.02
Fat, Saturated (g) 5.40
Carbohydrate (g) 2.03
Sugars (g) 1.86
Sodium (mg) 627

Pretty solid if you ask me, especially the sodium, 627mg is very low

Last edited:
Well it arrived today. The weight was definately correct. Gross weight was about 560gm. Will give it a taste test later. Came as 2 large pieces in the one bag. I will get in touch with them about the sodium content. Person I spoke to reckons they're into body building too when I mentioned there might be a few interested people about.

awesome, looking forward to hearing the results of the taste test!

haven't received my samples from mick yet, but i'll report on them when i do

Taste test completed. Got snack hungry. Net weight of meat was 520gm (analogue scales). Meat was not as dry as can be with biltong or jerky, but definately on the dry end of the scale. Taste was very mild, which suits me great. Definately South African biltong not SE Asian style. Almost no fat on it. If you factor in value for money then I can only give it a 10/10. I couldn't make it for this price.

Taste test completed. Got snack hungry. Net weight of meat was 520gm (analogue scales). Meat was not as dry as can be with biltong or jerky, but definately on the dry end of the scale. Taste was very mild, which suits me great. Definately South African biltong not SE Asian style. Almost no fat on it. If you factor in value for money then I can only give it a 10/10. I couldn't make it for this price.

fantastic, i'm not too fussed about taste anyhow, as long as it is something you can eat plenty of without getting sick of.

i might try out half a kilo too, see how it goes.

do you have an email contact for the guy?

fantastic, i'm not too fussed about taste anyhow, as long as it is something you can eat plenty of without getting sick of.

i might try out half a kilo too, see how it goes.

do you have an email contact for the guy?

hmocke_jui3158ueo@members.ebay.com.au

or contact him via ebay - thats what I do.

(My wife just asked if I was going to eat it all at once. Was tempted.)

Tastes a bit like less salty salami I made a few years ago. I have a meat slicer that I reckon I could take jerky sized shavings off these pieces and have awesome snacking times. Actually I might do that later...

i actually don't have an ebay account, so wasn't able to see his details.

i've just emailed him, you've got me excited now!

yup, thats what i used to do when i made it myself, shave it off, perfect snack (as long as it isn't too high in salt... although that said, if you have enough water that isn't too much of an issue anyway)

or, if you want a meal on the go, can just have some jerky and baked beans or something

i actually don't have an ebay account, so wasn't able to see his details.

i've just emailed him, you've got me excited now!

yup, thats what i used to do when i made it myself, shave it off, perfect snack (as long as it isn't too high in salt... although that said, if you have enough water that isn't too much of an issue anyway)

or, if you want a meal on the go, can just have some jerky and baked beans or something

Apart from the bad breath, they are great for me at work. I never know where I'll be or when I get a break, and that can go on for at least 12 hours. I dunno how you'd be able to find out the salt content, 'cause I dunno if its too rude to ask (since its part of a recipe).

Now I've cut it up, every time I go to the fridge I'm getting a couple of slices. I hope he takes my 2kg order soon...

Just priced a cheap dehydrator on ebay for about $70 posted, but I still won't bother now because I can't make it for this price. I think this person actually uses a decent cut of meat.

Now I've cut it up, every time I go to the fridge I'm getting a couple of slices. I hope he takes my 2kg order soon...

Just priced a cheap dehydrator on ebay for about $70 posted, but I still won't bother now because I can't make it for this price. I think this person actually uses a decent cut of meat.

haha good to hear man. fuck, $35/kg is probably cheaper than you could possibly make it anyway (especially factoring in time etc).

i emailed the bloke, but haven't heard back yet...