• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Sorry, yes, I meant biltong. Beef Jerky is too easy to eat too much of it.
I tried one called hot links, from Coles. Really nice, but being soft, it's too easy to eat packet after packet.

I used to work with a Sth African bloke who used to bring in home made beef jerky all the time.

hahah I can't remember what it was called, but it wasn't that bad.
Trust me - after you eat tuna all the time, anything tastes good!

I work with one of the owners of Geronimo jerky, If you want a hot jerky try there balzin saddles it is real nice. Also Morgan try a different brand of Beef Jerky as the taste varys a lot between the brands. What ever you do dont try nobbys i dont think it made with real meat.

Blazinn saddle from geronimo is hot, but I can gaurantee you micks jerky bhut jolokia chilli is the hottest on this planet. It also has a much better flavour and half the price.

Just received 2.5kg of Hot Chill from Micks Jerky, it's always good.
He says a few guys from the forum have been buying lately too.

Another vote for Micks Jerky.
I ordered 2kg last time I think, Hot Chilli flavour.
I'm pretty sure it's $60/kg.
Sounds like a time consuming process to make the stuff yourself.

ripitup, what are you paying direct with Mick?

I looked on Ebay. This is the only large one for sale

BHUT JOLOKIA XXXXHOT CHILLI REAL BEEF JERKY 500g $43

never tried jerky before... can anyone suggest a brand I can buy from a shop before I commit to a kilo of the stuff?

p.s I absolutely love striker salami sticks (but they are SO bad for you). I am hoping that jerky is in a similar flavour palate.

never tried jerky before... can anyone suggest a brand I can buy from a shop before I commit to a kilo of the stuff?

p.s I absolutely love striker salami sticks (but they are SO bad for you). I am hoping that jerky is in a similar flavour palate.
I like the Protea Foods Biltong available at IGA's
Im gonna email this Micky bloke but, i go through $$ of jerky every week

If you want Australia's BEST Biltong, then definitely hit up this little place in Revesby (sydney).

Its a little Deli in a tiny arcade just up the road from franklins. Its called Kays Deli.

She is also setting up a cafe/deli just down the road near the TAB and Jewellers. She will be selling her famous biltong, Poike, Boreworse, Bunni Chow, Chakalaka and heaps of other curries and goodies. She's the best.

Making your own is so much more cost effective. I do remember being able to buy roo jerky in China Town, Sydney, several years ago that was even better value. I wish I'd bought the whole damn stores worth every day. I'm making a jerky drier 'cause all the brand ones are very expensive. I've done it in the oven as earlier posted, and its great, but a little dangerous with kids about. These days probably also not cost effective with soaring electricity prices.

Making your own is so much more cost effective. I do remember being able to buy roo jerky in China Town, Sydney, several years ago that was even better value. I wish I'd bought the whole damn stores worth every day. I'm making a jerky drier 'cause all the brand ones are very expensive. I've done it in the oven as earlier posted, and its great, but a little dangerous with kids about. These days probably also not cost effective with soaring electricity prices.

i've also tried making it at home, but i think $60/kg isn't too bad, considering that you need at least 3kgs of meat to make one kg of jerky anyway. that said, if you get it right, then it is more cost effective.

just not worth the time IMO (buying the right cuts of meat, cutting it to size, trimming the fact, getting the marinade etc etc). i'm going to try some samples from micks jerky and see how it goes, if it is good stuff, might just stick with that!

i've also tried making it at home, but i think $60/kg isn't too bad, considering that you need at least 3kgs of meat to make one kg of jerky anyway. that said, if you get it right, then it is more cost effective.

just not worth the time IMO (buying the right cuts of meat, cutting it to size, trimming the fact, getting the marinade etc etc). i'm going to try some samples from micks jerky and see how it goes, if it is good stuff, might just stick with that!

I like the experimentation of making your own marinade. This is probably the one time I like to do work.