• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Tv] The Pacific

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member

The Pacific is a World War II television series, produced by HBO, currently in development. Similar to Band of Brothers, The Pacific will focus on the US involvement in the war in the Pacific Theater of Operations. The project is going to be spearheaded by Bruce McKenna who was also one of the main writers on Band of Brothers, although the series will not be associated with any of the characters from Band of Brothers.

Production of the series is expected to commence in August 2007 in Australia with filming locations to include Far North Queensland, Melbourne and the Northern Territory.[1] The series has a budget of more than $150 million and the 10-part series is the most expensive ever made in Australia. While the producers – HBO, Playtone and Dreamworks – have not made an official comment about The Pacific, they have set up a production office in Melbourne and commenced casting.

The series will tell the stories of two authors and and their fellow marine John Basilone, as the war against Japan rages across the Pacific.

It is rumored that the series will follow a USO troupe who travel the Pacific trying to keep Allied soldiers entertained and morally upbeat about the war. By doing this, the writers will be able to intertwine through various soldiers and civilians who are caught in the conflict. We'll see the stories of cooks, nurses, pilots, infantry, and many others. There are rumors that the characters will be much more diverse than before, and therefore we'll probably see main characters that are Latino, Irish, British, African-American, etc.

The series will feature many World War II battles such as Pearl Harbor, Midway, Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, and Hiroshima.

watched the first epi so far , i couldn't really get into it might give it another try with ep2 and see how i go

Production commenced in 2007 and it just aired now?
Is this correct? Must be a massive production to take that long before it hits the airwaves?

yeah I have seen the 1st 5, and its ok, but nothing compared to BoB

Compo claims yes, the lawsuits i would leave for the americans, they seem to have that special something the rest of the world doesn't have when it comes to those. I watched the episode on TV thought it was ok, ill give it a few more and see and then if i like it ill talk to uncle torrence.

yea, ive been watching it, its nothing great really, it may look prettier than BoB but action and story isnt that great,

for all you war film lovers, may i recommend "Generation Kill" ill make a topic about it, dunno hijack this topic

I was looking forward to this miniseries since finishing watching Band of Brothers all those years ago.
Not what I expected or really wanted. Really didn't care about the characters unlike BoB!

yea, ive been watching it, its nothing great really, it may look prettier than BoB but action and story isnt that great,

for all you war film lovers, may i recommend "Generation Kill" ill make a topic about it, dunno hijack this topic

Not really enjoying the Pacific as much as Band of Brothers - to be honest, this may sound weird but Iam not as interested in pacific/jap part of the war - I much rather seeing/learning about the fighting in Europe.

Generation Kill is really good - I just started watching this - I am upto about ep 4 - I keep thinking they are going to get into a huge gun fight and then it just goes to something else lol. I have not really read up about it much - it was just on so I started watching it but it does have a anti-American/shouldn't be in the middle east feel to it - am I correct in saying this?