• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Aspartame levels in regards to sugar free drinks/food, a thought...

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
Many of us here realise the dangers of excess fructose and sugar consumption inregards to insulin receptor downregulation of cells (insulin resistance.)

However what if what we think to be ok is in fact far worse then anticipated?

The New Zealand Food Safety Authority (NZFSA) also questioned the validity and significance of the Ramazzini studies, stating, "These studies were conducted in a way that could not possibly have provided any information about the toxicity of aspartame – or in fact anything else in the rats’ diet. ... In fact, the only conclusion that can be drawn from the results is that aspartame appears to be safe because the studies showed that those rats fed it (even at very high doses) lived as long (if not longer) as untreated rats, despite consuming up to more than 100 times the ADI every day of their lives. If aspartame was as horrendously toxic as is being claimed, it would be logical to expect the rats dosed with it to have shortened life-spans. The conclusions drawn by the researchers were clearly not backed up by their own data."[66]

Aspartame Is reprasented as 951 on the side of added ingridients

Aspartame is a neurostimulant, so in other words it gives your brain a mini orgasm and is addictive.

www.aspartameexperiment.com/

Make your own mind up...

I no longer use artificial sweeteners. I use nothing. Tried Stevia but that makes tea taste worse than having no sweetener.

Thanks fadi,

Yes stevia is very very alkalising to the body real sugar on the other hand is at the other end of the scale and so are artificial sweetners.

I recently got some from BN havnt used it yet as i am waiting to finish a homeopathic remedy then use the dropper bottle to mix the stevia into liquid as it is very hard to distribute otherwise.

Those packetslook interesting.. Also you can buy it from woolies now for people itnerested..

In regards to PH i will start another thread soon in regards to that..

n00bs

Pepsi Max and Diet coke have a asapartame and acefsulfame potassium combo, most artificial sweetners are this combination.

Having a look into stevia at the moment, would be great if they had some good tasting diet soft drinks with it for when i feel the need for one.

Pepsi Max and Diet coke have a asapartame and acefsulfame potassium combo, most artificial sweetners are this combination.

Having a look into stevia at the moment, would be great if they had some good tasting diet soft drinks with it for when i feel the need for one.

I have spoken to ben t BN about replacing with stevia in his flavoured proteins. It actually works out cheaper for him and healthier for us, but people like things that taste like actual sugar so they prefer taste of hralth benefits.

some diet cordials user sucralose it is probably the least worse of them (please re read what i just said twice)

stevia is the go and osme of those soda stream do it yourself carobnated dirnks u cna buy use sucralose instead of aspartamine.

lesser of 2 evils we could say..

I used Sucralose for my shakes a while back when i was using my own flavouring, its not too bad and better than me drinking down aspartame. I have not tried Stevia but i'll don't add sweetener to anything I only have it when I drink some soft drink. Also just because Stevia is natural does not mean it is safe, it has not been proven yet same could be said for aspartame not being bad for you though. Give us all 30 years when we start getting huge increases in cancer then we will have real proof.

I used Sucralose for my shakes a while back when i was using my own flavouring, its not too bad and better than me drinking down aspartame. I have not tried Stevia but i'll don't add sweetener to anything I only have it when I drink some soft drink. Also just because Stevia is natural does not mean it is safe, it has not been proven yet same could be said for aspartame not being bad for you though. Give us all 30 years when we start getting huge increases in cancer then we will have real proof.

aspartame is a little different to steiva, saying that carrots could cause cancer...

2 very different things do not get them confused. just because it is not a staple part of our diet doesnt mean in other countrys it isnt.

Ever since I read a news article (I was a kid) that said artificial sweeteners caused cancer in lab rats I have been dead set against them.
I will admit to a little bottle of diet Pepsi once or twice a year as I like it but will avoid anything that has it.

well done i have the occasional sub solo max at the rsl when i have a nice big steak but it is say once a fortnight... saying that i used to drink 2l of coke zero a day.

I was not confusing them I was stating it has not been properly proven whether one is healthy or not. Stevia, in my opinion, would be safer but some natural products can be dangerous same with some artificial products (while some may not be).

That's why i'm shying away from drinking soda and the like... I now substitute my sugar with Natvia, an all natural sweetener. It has no aspartame, saccharin, sucralose, and fructose, but it tastes really great.

diet cherry dr pepper............i buy a case and drink it on the daiiillllyyyy. but then i don't buy it for like, 5 months.

The fact that Aspartame is addictive probably explains why Coke Zero used to taste disgusting to me, and after having one last week I've wanted one every day.
Another reason to stick to stuff I make at home. At least then I know what's in it and can research properly what it's doing to my body.