• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Five-a-day' fruit and veggies have only limited impact on cancer

i've put the theory to the test with a few hundred thousand cigarettes and too much booze when I was younger. i had chronic chest pain a few years ago (turned out I pulled a muscle in my chest) but my GP sent me to hospital in case i had a heartache as the pain was so severe. hooked me up to an ecg, breathing asparatus, x rayed my lungs and a few other things. was given a clean bill of health and was told, "You've clearly never smoked, your lungs are crystal clear and your heart is excellent." i had been smoking about a pack and half a day - my wife was appalled. i don't know how they couldn't smell it.

Yep that confirms below

the bastard.

i've put the theory to the test with a few hundred thousand cigarettes and too much booze when I was younger. i had chronic chest pain a few years ago (turned out I pulled a muscle in my chest) but my GP sent me to hospital in case i had a heartache as the pain was so severe. hooked me up to an ecg, breathing asparatus, x rayed my lungs and a few other things. was given a clean bill of health and was told, "You've clearly never smoked, your lungs are crystal clear and your heart is excellent." i had been smoking about a pack and half a day - my wife was appalled. i don't know how they couldn't smell it.

They cant check your health on an atomic level.. all they can do is see if the effects have manifested in noticable lesions...

I know what your saying dave but my point is do everything properly and avoid it for as long as possible.

Just because someone smokes all there life and dies at 90 does not mean that they have no cancerous cells running around there body. It just means that they have not grouped together to cause a noticable mass...

Also in regards to your family friend yes he could of lead the healthiest lifestyle possible but at what age was he able to make that decision? Body cells are basically replaced and none besides heart and brain are ever more then 10 years old... So at age 10 you have had majority of exposure to your dna that will do you harm in later life and at 20 another time...

Me for example became healthy at what 22? So there is 20 years of **** ups and enviromental exposure i can not avoid or undoe the damage is done... All i can control is the rest of my life and hope i can do enough to avoid the damage that has alredy been done..

What 10 year old looks after them self health wise? All i see is parents feeding mcdonalds and sugar to children out of ignorance!

So yes you can live a healthy lifestlye and die at 60 from cancer but has the damage already been done...