• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It's all a matter of what you've been used to, and I've been used to no external sounds at all apart from a weighted bar smashing down onto a wooden platform. Now I listen to the natural sound of water flowing down through my water fountain at home. I know, must be painfully dull and boring to some of you, but it's the way I began.

It's all a matter of what you've been used to, and I've been used to no external sounds at all apart from a weighted bar smashing down onto a wooden platform. Now I listen to the natural sound of water flowing down through my water fountain at home. I know, must be painfully dull and boring to some of you, but it's the way I began.

nope. sounds ideal mate. Some music can be quite annoying. even stuff I live can annoy if trying to focus on a big set.

You see some guys in globo gyms getting more into their music than the job at hand. I don't get it.

One of my all time favourite Aussie songs; takes me back to when I was 15 or so (over 35 years ago now). Brilliant song in my opinion.

One of my all time favourite Aussie songs; takes me back to when I was 15 or so (over 35 years ago now). Brilliant song in my opinion.
Ha! Great some mate!

Lately ive been playing some pop-punk from the 1990's over the gyms sound system. Its funny, the "older" crew (say 28-40yo) love it. The younger crew (say 17-24) have no idea whats going on haha

Heard this one from years ago on an RPM session at the gym, its been on my mp3 player/phone ever since

The more training i rack up, the less inclined i become to put on any music.
If im first in the gym, ive been known to keep the place in silence for an entire workout.

At home, its very rare. Usually during a deload session if it happens at all.

I used to listen to music every session. The likes of 80's Metallica and Slayer was generally the go to.

Just cant do it any more.
If i like the music that is playing i often find it an unwelcome distraction funnily enough. If i dont like whats playing, i dont hear it so it doesnt affect me haha.

Tim.

Ace of Spades and Sons of Odin do it for me but too much music distracts me and its hard to time the headbanging during an OHP session without getting hurt.

Mostly pre-workout tunes these days to get the aggro flowing beyond general day to day anger.

Last edited:
Stone Sour Recently. Specifically Tapei Person/Allah Tea for heavy hard sets. Gets me going well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk