• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Drinking while bulking

apiewithhoboliftingaroma;94663 It seems like the anti-alcohol people on here are similar to vegans/anti-meat friends of mine. .[/QUOTE said:
Don't call me names!:) Not at all similar to vegan. I live with a fully fledged militant vegan. :(:(:( Choice not to do alcohol is not a reason to be classified as an extremist. I dont drink for my own reasons.

Not pushing my views on anyone, just asking for drinking rationale with relevance to topic header.

Does alcohol add to muscular bulk when bulking? Yes / No

Looks like passion and ritual will always be a factor in any discussion.

Whatever......

Last edited:
I think people are combining their personal belief with personal choice. But personal choice should be looked at more objectively.

I think it's great that people don't drink. But don't get righteous and act like it is the only way people should be.

It seems like the anti-alcohol people on here are similar to vegans/anti-meat friends of mine. They believe in it so much, they don't accept anyones reasons for not doing the same. It's fantastic they have such strong convictions, but don't be so down on others for taking a different path.

In the grand scheme of things, alcohol consumption - not in excess - isn't going to do much.

Beer is a tasty drink, so if you want the odd beer, go for it. If you don't like it, for whatever reason, then feel content to not touch it.

Good post.This could apply to almost anything.Lifestyle choice,dietry choice,whatever.

A bit of both sherk, Nothing more relaxing then chilling out fishing with a beer..

Im not totally disagreeing with you, I think people that go out and get absolutely maggot on a regular occasion are silly that's what will harm you.

On a side note, on the news a little while ago, an old fella he had just turned 100 an they asked him what his secret to long life was and he said a pot of beer everyday :)

noobs you can be healthy and still drink...

I have friends that enjoy snorting coke on the weekend...

Drugs are drugs society needs to change its thinking and that comes from my personal experience with alcohol and the views on me from someone studying alternate medicine..

Well its ture..

how can one recreational drug be better then another?

It all goes back to cultural influence and how you were brough up..

It is something that will change with time (though god knows what way it will go)

Without trying to go off topic, i completely agree about legalizing drugs. My theory is quite harsh, but based on Darwinian theory, in that if people aren't strong enough to survive e.g. destroy themselves with drugs etc and choose not to live a clean lifestyle then they deserve the consequences of it. I'll end that before I get too involved. But in the response to OP, try make it a monthly occurence at most and even then dont binge drink just enjoy a couple of beers. Or I've gone to Red Bull (sugar free) and Vodka. It may sound girly but it seems to go down ok.

I probably don't have the right to comment here lol..

However i am of the opinion that you shouldn't diss other people for their beliefs. You live your way and that's fine. Let others live their way too. It's kind of like religion and politics...

I have read some peoples views here and they are very single minded. NO ALCOHOL! There are lots of harmful things out there, it has been proven time and time again that many herbal / natural products and vitamins are bad for you.

Things like guarana etc can give you a heart attack. Bee pollen and royal jelly can cause severe allergic reactions or death. Just because it's a health supplement doesn't mean it can't hurt you. Some people are on so many vitamins that the vitamins are all cancelling out each other and only messing up the persons system.

My point is, almost anything can be harmful if you overdo it. Alcohol doesn't have to be a huge problem if you are sensible about your intake.

PS: Why does everyone keep saying Life is short. IT IS THE LONGEST DAMN THING YOU WILL EVER DO! Lol

Chris Rock Quote:
"You know, some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it's your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You're probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you're gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years."

I struggle a lot with alcohol.

I dont mind a whiskey every now and then but im not a big drinker. because I drink very sparingly I have a low alcohol tolerance and am usually pissed after 2-3 drinks.

Thing is im moving into the law industry and not drinking is going to make shit difficult with clients, bosses etc.

That's a good thing to get pissed after 2-3 drinks haha.

Law industry without alcohol? That could be a tough one...:D

Moderation is the key. Its just like fast food in that respect. Drinking evey so often is fine but if you do it all the time then your body will pay the price. In saying that I do like alcohol and think people should drink more on the whole. It makes people more interesting and I can always do with a laugh.

Life is too short.

Exactly, so why ingest crap that may only make it shorter?
One or two drinks a week won't make it shorter. Ten or twenty will.
Shrek said:
A toxin is a toxin regardless of how much you ingest, the level of toxicity may be reduced that's all.
It's not that simple. Some things are good for you in small doses, deadly in high doses. Vitamin A for example. Or water.

Each person has to judge for themselves about their drinking, but it has to be an educated judgment. A person should look at what they want to achieve, will the drink help it, hinder it, or make no difference.

And of course, not everyone's priority is physical, there is mental and emotional, too. For example many of us might choose a shorter happier life over a longer less happy one. Is everyone happier with alcohol or tobacco or whatever? Of course not. But many are, especially since a little alcohol can help the social life. Remember that for many young blokes, if you ask them to give up the grog you are asking them to give up their mates, too. Easy to say, "well no loss," but not so easy to do.

One or two drinks with friends can help the friendship just as any social activity can, lots of good friendships makes your mind strong, when your mind is strong it helps your body get strong.

But you might be a person who if you go against the flow, that makes you stronger - so then you're better with no drinks at all.

And then some people are very sensitive to alcohol, others less so.

You have to judge for yourself, but base the judgment on knowledge not just "yeah, whatever, mate." Follow your instincts. To birch I would say like Deniro in Ronin, "where there is any doubt, there is no doubt." You are telling us you feel doubt about drinking, so...

Last edited: