• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Drinking while bulking

birch

Ok so I said to myself during the week that I would take 4-6 months off drinking to try and optimise my bulking. I went out tonight with mates for a 19th and didn't drink at all and it was the most boring time. It sucks because where I live, drinking is a really big social thing and friday/saturday nights are just going out clubbing or to the pub and drinking.

My question is, would it be horrible if I drank ONCE a weekend and watched what I drink? Is there any drinks that I could drink that wouldn't be that bad for me? I'm a beer drinker but have been told vodka is alot better. So would something like a vodka lime soda be ok?

I quit completly in Jan and haven't had a drop, honestly it's hard to say what sort of a difference it made. But I am very happy with my gains. I know what your saying though, just last night we went for dinner and I sat there for four hours watching people get drunk. The way I see it now though is alcohol is a toxin that wasn't designed for our bodies so I won't put it in there, fun or not! Allot of people judge me when I go to functions when I say I don't drink... I don't care! I judge me when I'm looking at my gains... I do care.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you enjoy having a drink then do it, Don't let obsessions get in the way of enjoying your life.

I disagree if you have to drink joy your friends and life then something is seirously wrong with you.

I am sick of people judging me as weird because i choose not to be ignorant to the fact of putting pure poison into my body.

Society is ****ed.

Alcohol sohuld be banned, lifes would be saved idiots would be less.. "We want proabition" simpsons rant

Ok so I said to myself during the week that I would take 4-6 months off drinking to try and optimise my bulking. I went out tonight with mates for a 19th and didn't drink at all and it was the most boring time. It sucks because where I live, drinking is a really big social thing and friday/saturday nights are just going out clubbing or to the pub and drinking.

My question is, would it be horrible if I drank ONCE a weekend and watched what I drink? Is there any drinks that I could drink that wouldn't be that bad for me? I'm a beer drinker but have been told vodka is alot better. So would something like a vodka lime soda be ok?

Alchol is poison beer vodka its ethanol.. ethanol is a toxin to your body. I have said this before the same process in the liver that rmeoves toxins form the body (p450) is the same that metabolises oestrogen in the body.

Alcohol reduces protein synthesis and back logs oestrogen in your body. So in fact your a bitch for drinking.. Not the other way around like people make it out to be.

Alcohol sux. Avoid it at all costs..poison

People who cannot have a good time without it have small minds.

Alcohol sux. Avoid it at all costs..poison

People who cannot have a good time without it have small minds.

Gold!

Just more slaves to the western society system.. You become a dollar sign when you decied to poisen your body for fun.

I don't judge people who drink. I just think I'm healthier and smarter then them. I learnt... Other people can too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alchol is poison beer vodka its ethanol.. ethanol is a toxin to your body. I have said this before the same process in the liver that rmeoves toxins form the body (p450) is the same that metabolises oestrogen in the body.

Alcohol reduces protein synthesis and back logs oestrogen in your body. So in fact your a bitch for drinking.. Not the other way around like people make it out to be.

And think of how cheap private health cover would be if everyone had a healthy heart and liver... Time to start a riot! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

I should also add than i am far from pro Alcohol more so pro choice.

I try to follow more of a love don't judge attitude.

Hello, you look really solid/majestic in your avatar shot; I like it!

Re alcohol; I'm a teetotaler.

Fadi.

I think of lifting as a straight road to a destination. Every time you take a drink you're taking a detour. I remember one of PTC's newsletters has a great example with a road to Buffville/Strongville

I agree with Hello that it's a choice. No one can say you're right or wrong,
just that some of the hard work done in the gym is wasted.

Last edited:
As for drinking a bit, please yourself.I like a drink but those occasions are becoming less and less - it just isn`t a part of my life these days but people who drink themselves into the grave just baffle me.
My student left halfway through the class recently and we found out a few weeks later that he was hospitalized.
Then on Monday morning one of the ladies ran into him at the park walking their dogs and he said he`d had liver problems.He is a very fit looking,very young looking 60 y.o. and he retired early but he sits up till 2 or 3 am every night drinking himself into oblivion while watching TV.

I've grown up watching people fall victim to alcohol. Watched people die from alcohol abuse. Made some wrong decissions while drinking alcohol. It's just like watching an obese person line up and order from mcdonalds... You want to help but you can't. Drinking is a part of our culture to the point where excessive drinking is not seen as grossly unhealthy and insane but as a bi-weekly event where the objective is to poisen your body so it doesn't function properly. I hate the saying "you only live once" as it is the most common reasoning for these binges. I like the saying "use but don't abuse" but does everyone else? Abuse is all I see..
Posted via Mobile Device

The fact that "you only live once" should mean to look after your body not abuse it because you only get one chance, they have the meaning all wrong.

Alcohol & cigarettes should be prohibited.

Last edited:
Prohibited creates more crime than anything and simply does not work, All drugs should be legal.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GeDRf21VlNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GeDRf21VlNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

May as well stop all prohibition full stop and let everyone run rampant.

I have heard in Portugal they have decriminalised personal possession of some drugs and the crime rate has decreased.