• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mega Dose BCAAs

Gauche

I was reading in article in another forum where someone said he had been mega dosing BCAA's and feeling more fullness in his muscles. Anyone know the science of that? Anyone have high dosages of BCAA's? Or what is the correct dosage of BCAA's?

I have an old Musashi muscle recovery bottle which has L-Leucine 250mg/L-Valine 150mg/L-Isoleucine 100mg per casual... Take two after workout and two before bed.

All in all I have been reading about BCAA's and have a basic understanding of what they do for the body. I just know whenever I research something I then have to re-learn on here. So how can we maximize BCAA's to suit our bodybuilding needs?

Well bcaa's are the 3 main amino acids fo rmuscle building..

The rest of amino acids have funcitons for us just indirectly.. I dont know anything about "fullness" or whatever but basically if you have a high nitrogen intake (protein has a nitrogen molecule carbs and fats dont) then you will more nitric oxide wich expands blood vessells and allows for more blood. (L-glutamine is 70% nitrogen) Just take 4 grams during trianing and then have wpc through out the rest of the day..

Basically alot of supps are not worth it for begginers as they do not have the intensity to require them fully yet. ( i speak from experience and buying N.o xplode and cellmass because people told me too) ..

Just use EAA's instead as they contain all the 3 BCAA's as well as non-essential amino's.

This guy said he was dosing 30 grams? Would your body just waste the rest?

Agreed though EAAs it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

30 gms is not mega dosing. I use 20gms right now. If you spread the dosage throughout the day (10gms 5 or 6 times) that would be mega dosing alhtough I did hear guys taking 100gms or so on BB.com. Mind you it could get expensive.

30 gms is not mega dosing. I use 20gms right now. If you spread the dosage throughout the day (10gms 5 or 6 times) that would be mega dosing alhtough I did hear guys taking 100gms or so on BB.com. Mind you it could get expensive.

Yea I have seen guys on bb.com using like 15-20 scoops of xtend a day.....:cool:

The problem with using Xtend is that it also has Citrulline Mallate and at that dose it can't be good. Better off with plain Aminos

so whats better to take bcaa's or eaa's?
I thought bcaa's where better for building, dont want to waste my $$$

Last edited:
EAA's have BCAA"s in them... I'm going to mix as follows:

Recovery mix:
250mg BCAA
1kg EAA
250 Glutamine
The reason I am putting extra bcaa's is for the extra potency considering I play foot ball and weights train it cant hurt.

Creatine Mix:
250 Beta Alanine
250 L Arginine
1kg creatine tri malate

That's what I'm going to experiment with. Any suggestions on changing it? Or am I wasting my money adding to the creatine? Doing it like is from bulk nutrients is so cheap compared to Muscletech :p

Last edited:
wow do u think ur body will absurb it all seems like a waist unless ur on insluin with it but thats advance stuff, dextrose could do half the trick still i think ur dose ova kill

what i meant was to say its pointless taking huge amounts of BCAAs ur body can only take in so much, unless ur using insulin and supplementing with huge amount of BCAAs that could have benfits, other than thats i think its a waste tacking big amount of BCAAs! as a general rule how much BCAAs should one take shrek? cherrs

what i meant was to say its pointless taking huge amounts of BCAAs ur body can only take in so much, unless ur using insulin and supplementing with huge amount of BCAAs that could have benfits, other than thats i think its a waste tacking big amount of BCAAs! as a general rule how much BCAAs should one take shrek? cherrs

**** i hope your not using insuin that means ur a diabetic :|

How long is a peice of string.
I take 5 gms pre, during and post workout. I have no post workout shake, just eat 15-20 mins after last 5 gms.

nah not a diabetic, but i have used insulin post workout to bulk up had mixed results

Have as many as you want... at the end of the day all your protein sources are broken down into amino acids anyway... The reason people don't take them as often as protein is price. I take 20 grams pre/during and then 20 grams during/post in the form of biocharge and recoveryx from bioflex.

The question; Are they all getting used? is dependant on numerous factors ie. what's in your stomach, how long ago your last insulin spike was etc.

Wait a second you took insulin as a post workout suppliment?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

yes i took insulin post work out 2iu off it along with 50/50 dex and maltdex mix drink, then had my meal clean chicken or fish and boiled rice and no fat at all for 4hours, why u suprised bodybuilders do this most off em any way!

He is surprised because it's highly dangerous and very stupid, but it's your body and your choice just make sure you have all the facts about injecting insulin into an already healthy body first.
Posted via Mobile Device