• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Name your lifting inuries...

No real injuries just a strained left wrist from stuffing up a power clean (still feels different from my right) Back can get very sore as I lean forward in the squat too much.

The knurling took some skin off my nose doing military press tonight!

matches the skinn off my left knee from deads....lol :)

The knurling took some skin off my nose doing military press tonight!

matches the skinn off my left knee from deads....lol :)

Me too. my poor old palm skin slid into a bunched up lump and then got crushed like a raw sausage when I did rows last night..
I haven't trained this heavy in years. Must remember to mash palm flesh flat around the bar before doing rows. Rippy skin calluses.

I grabbed some old sponges. They let me keep going.

This is boring. If you haven't got anything new to contribute then F@CK OFF.

I am not in the witness box here so don't expect me to tolerate being cross examined and put in my place by simply sharing what I have been through.

Sooooo over it.

I don't give 2 F@CKs who you know, who you are or what your credentials are.

Putting me down is just an indicator of what stereotypical dumb lifers you are. Thanks for letting me open my mouth and share. .:confused:

Bye

Rob

As Andy said its got nothing to do with putting you down.

Those injuries should have been warning signs. Something needed to change, be it form, training style, weight moved, ect. Its about training smart.

Fantastic mature attitude by the way.

I'm sorry mate but I think you have too many delusions of grandeur.

You're wrong. But I can see how that may have some across.

I was just making a point that you can be elite and not be a broken mess of injuries and ailments at the end of it.

Not at all implying I was in the same leauge.

Weight training must not injure you.
Whether you are a weight lifting hobbyist or elite.

If you are you need to re-asses.

NPR is on the money.
Posted via Mobile Device

i agree with NPR and silverback. lifting should not injure you. ive been training for a few years now and still relatively free from injury. tweaked a couple things but nothing serious. all my injuries come from playing sport not lifting weights.

Whatever!

LOL

Your opinion means nothing to me. It is of no practical use what so ever at this stage.

Save it for your cronies.

Woulda shoulda coulda.

List indicative of a pile of F@ck ups, point taken.

Get over it and move on.

Last edited:
Did it bleed and is it black under the toenail now? I think you may lose your toenail slowly if it is.

It bleed underneath the nail then, mine took 12 months to fall off and regrow (does it at the same time by growing underneath).

I nearly killed someone at the gym the other day, was benching 3 plates, I finished my sets so went to re-rack the plates like a good little member, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and removed all 3 plates off 1 side, the bar did a huge 180deg spin/flip, missed a bloke by about a foot... Luckily no one was hurt, I apologised to the bloke for about 10 mins, I felt horrible. That will never happen again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Also, speaking of filthy nails, li was helping disassemble a machine at work 2 years back, something fell, I couldn't let go quick enough and got my ring finger crushed, ripped the entire nail off, snapped the bone off and my finger was about 10mm shorter... The piece of flesh was still attached to the nail, A few plastic surgeries later and my finger looks almost perfect now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and removed all 3 plates off 1 side, the bar did a huge 180deg spin/flip, missed a bloke by about a foot...

Nice, did that when I was 18 and first started out benching... straight into the wall.