• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I reckon I have grunted once in my whole life.... felt unnatural...... I'd rather put the effort into "squat face".....lol

Why is this? Why should anybody put any less effort into a curl then a deadlift or squat for example? In my opinion you should train every muscle group with the same intensity.

hey,

this kid is onto something.

Grunting some people do it some people dont. I wouldnt say I "grunt" when I am doing curls but when I am putting in maximal effort into most exercises I seem to make some noise one way or another I cant help it and its only on the last 2 or 3 reps otherwise your milking it.

I reckon I have grunted once in my whole life.... felt unnatural...... I'd rather put the effort into "squat face".....lol
yes, its all in the 'squat face' also got to love the 'deadlift face'

There was a study that used trained athletes that showed grunting offered no benefits over not grunting, i'll try and find it

Didn't I mention somewhere there about trying gomad? It didnt have a very good effect on me, all went to my tummy. Much better now, thanks for your concern :)

Didn't I mention somewhere there about trying gomad? It didnt have a very good effect on me, all went to my tummy. Much better now, thanks for your concern :)

What ever makes you sleep at night little fella. zzZZZzzz

There was a study that used trained athletes that showed grunting offered no benefits over not grunting, i'll try and find it

Whether you grunt or not isn't about science or studies, it's a subjective and personal thing, for me and others it helps when lifting heavy, simple as that.

Whether you grunt or not isn't about science or studies, it's a subjective and personal thing, for me and others it helps when lifting heavy, simple as that.

Oni puts the 'I' in scIence.

Did you forget that?

yea, thats why i say it sounds like Hawthorne Effect?

I was just replying to 0ni's posted link wingers
As far as I'm concerned most studies mean fuck all and don't tell me what works best for ME.
I may find that wearing a pink an yellow singlet helps me to bench more and no study is able to prove to me otherwise.

I just linked it for further discussion
I'm not saying it's true or false, I will still continue to grunt on the lifts that I do

Interestingly enough I knew a guy that could bench 6 10kg plates a side for reps but got pinned whenever 3 20kg plates a side were on the bar, lol