• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Water timing and sleeping help please

robbo

Hey guys,

Always been a heavy water drinker, im pretty spot on getting at least 3-4ltrs a day, but lately im having alot of trouble getting to sleep.
I try and get to bed at 11am and wake around 8, but I cant usually get to sleep for at least an hour and end up waking around 6am, before trying to get back to sleep till round 8. But my problem is drinking so much water Ive been needing to get up 3-4 times a night to goto toilet, so its not a deep sleep, i think id be lucky to getting 5-6 solid hrs of sleep if you take out all the skips, breaks, getting back to sleep time, I know i should be getting more closer to 8-9 hrs a night, so ive got 2 questions,

1. Ive drunk alot of water since a young age, dont drink anything else, have a glass next to bed and I feel dry if I dont drink it thru night, but what time should I stop drinking water or ease up so I can get a decent sleep without waking so much.

2. Ive been at a dead end last week, I had to goto chemist to get some sleeping tabs to get a few nights, but he said not to take them regularly,
Is getting 6 hrs a day going to hinder my size gaining at all over 8-9hrs, my diets clean and getting around 300g protein split into 6-7 meals with shakes. I train 5 days per week weights,
Is there any other options that are more natural and can be used long term taken or even methods to get to sleep easier anyone would recommend, ive heard valerian tabs or even those sleeping meditation,
this is somethign thats really bothering me lately, ive always been a garbage sleeper and can count the times ive had 9hrs straight thru on one hand in my life, Id go far as saying best sleep I have is when I have a few drinks on the odd week but thats rare, I want to feel the power of waking up with a solid sleep.

help me pls....

hey robbo
mate you say youve always drunk alot of water but it doesnt sound like this has always been aproblem (please correct me or ignore me if im wrong) ???? few things that are simple could be causing you to wana pee al nite duretics have u taking any? upped caaffine / started taking hydroxy or preworkout lately witch all usally contain caffine or durectics?? have u tried not drinking the few hrs before u go to bed?? on a more serious not bud u said you always feel thirsty witch is a sign on diabetes along with peeing NOW IM NO DOCTOR BUD SO GO SEE ONE but i do know that they are to simtoms could be a infection or prostate on the more serious side of things so maybe get yrself checked up mate
i had this prob bout 3 yrs ago and it was because i uppd my water intake and wasted my money on hydroxy cut witch acts as a duretic too let me know how u get on, 8 hrs a nite is wots reccomended for sleep how much a few hours a week will effect u ?? there be a study some where but most of all dont let it stress u out otherwise 6 hrs a nite will become 3

Hey mate,

thanks for some help with this :) Ive always drunk alot of water, and that is all I basically drink, but I have upped it with my training lately as Ive heard its good for gaining to get 1 gallon a day through the system, so thats why Im thinking im always up to the toilet. Im probably drinking double what I used to. Never drink coffee, havent had hydroxy for years,
dont dabble with a pre workout nitirix etc at all, however I am looking to do so in a few months. Im hearing you about the letting the water go a feew hrs before bed, but I couldnt manage stopping id just feel too thirsty, ive drank it like a fish for as long as I remember. But i gave it a go last night and drank alot less in the hours before bed and I only got up around 2 or so times throughout the night, which for me is good. and I felt I had a better sleep/

But as for the diabeties you got me thinking I did some reading online and
I am always thirsty and drink alot of water and get up to goto toilet alot,
so I took a home test for my suger as someone in family has it and I was fine 6.0 which is in normal range. So I was told im clear. I was a bit worried till then.
So i think it may just be a bit of a vicious circle kind of thing, drink to much get up more to empty it out.
Anyway, while Im here is there anything anyone would recommend or help out in getting me to get a more solid sleep throughtout the night anyway,
herbal,medicinal or even a relaxation technique, whatever im all ears. cheers